Self Aware Leader
This event is offered in partnership with Nonprofit New York.
Explore your identity and the intersection between your identity, blind spots, and leadership style. As non-profit and community leaders it is not only imperative to understand the people you lead but to lead authentically by embracing the strength of our identities and understanding the significance of our blind spots. This workshop will help leaders at all-levels embrace authentic leadership by building self-awareness and gaining an understanding of how their social identities impact their ability to lead diverse teams.
In this workshop we will explore:
- Identity and intersectionality
- Cultural Self-Awareness and My Community
- Understanding your Blind Spots: How to Name It, Frame It and Tame It
- Explore how their Identity and intersectionality shapes their leadership practice.
- Build cultural Self-Awareness and explore the connection to their Community
- Practice the skills needed to understand how their blind spots impact them as leaders.
- Learn how to Name It, Frame It and Tame Implicit Biases'
This workshop is being presented in collaboration with the Association of Nonprofit Specialists.
This workshop will be presented by Tracy Duran, CEO & Founder of iDEATE Collaborative
Participants who complete the post-session evaluation can receive a PDF copy of the presentation.
For More Information:
Cost + Registration
- MANP Members save $10!
- $15 MANP Members / $25 nonmembers
- Enter promo code MAINE when registering to receive discount
- Please note: Organizations may send more than one individual to participate, HOWEVER if the event sells out registration may be limited to ONE person per organization due to space constraints.
- Refund policy: Registrants who cancel their registration on or before 1 week will receive a full refund. Those who cancel on or before DAY PRIOR will receive a 50% refund. No refund will be made for cancellations made on or after DAY OF. All cancellations must be submitted in writing.
- Registration is required. Please be advised that by registering for this event, unless we hear from you otherwise, we will include you as part of our regular mailing list.
- Please also be advised that the event will be recorded by Nonprofit New York. By enrolling for this event, you hereby: (1) give consent for Nonprofit New York or any third parties to use your photograph or image in its print, online and video publications; (2) release Nonprofit New York, its employees and any outside third parties from all liabilities or claims that you might assert in connection with the above-described uses; and (3) waive any right to inspect, approve or receive compensation for any materials or communications, including photographs, videotapes, website images or written materials, incorporating photos/images of you. To revoke this waiver, please email Programs Manager, Darby Masland, DMasland@NonprofitNewYork.org.
Questions About This Event?
- If you have any questions regarding this event, please use the "Contact" feature on the bottom of the Eventbrite event listing.