Empowering People with Purpose
The Maine Association of Nonprofits (MANP) empowers people with purpose—people and organizations at the forefront of the issues and opportunities that will determine Maine’s future prosperity. As a leading advocate and resource, we ensure that Maine nonprofits are adapting, thriving, and contributing in a fast-changing world.
Founded in 1994, MANP’s mission is to enrich the quality of community and personal life in Maine by strengthening the leadership, voice and organizational effectiveness of Maine nonprofits.
MANP has grown into the state’s largest network of organizations dedicated to the common good with more than 1,000 nonprofit members and 160 partners in government, business and philanthropy, representing every county in Maine and the full range of nonprofit missions and sizes. MANP is a member of the National Council of Nonprofits, a network of nonprofit state associations across the country.
MANP's staff and board bring a wide range of experiences and perspectives and a shared commitment to strengthening the nonprofit sector in Maine. Meet our team.
We are the state’s comprehensive resource for the tools, knowledge, and connections nonprofits need to be effective and well-run, providing new and seasoned nonprofit professionals and volunteers with:
- high-quality training
- peer connections
- a champion at the State House and in Washington D.C.
- updates on national trends and data on the economic and social significance of Maine nonprofits
- answers to management questions
- assessment tools and guidebooks
- and more!
Our financials and annual reports are available for review on our website.
Our Equity Commitment
All our work is informed by our commitment to equity and will continue to evolve as we envision and strive for a more equitable and inclusive nonprofit sector in Maine.
Our Strategic Priorities
With 25+ years of service to the sector, MANP is now focused on building on our core foundation of professional development programming, advocacy, and member services.
We are forging partnerships across the nonprofit, corporate, philanthropic and public sectors to:
- Invest in our capacity-building programs to ensure nonprofits of diverse sizes and geographies gain value from MANP to advance their missions;
- Weave new and deeper connections among nonprofits to foster trust, collaboration, and innovative practices;
- Exercise bold cross-sector leadership to increase the influence of Maine nonprofits as valued partners in advancing solutions.
Strengthening the capacity, connections, and cross-sector influence of Maine nonprofits empowers nonprofits to contribute as equal, valued partners in making Maine a great place to live, work, and visit.