Maine Nonprofit Day
Showcasing the work + worth of nonprofits in Augusta
Every day, Mainers rely on nonprofits to nurture our minds, protect our environment, inform our government, educate our children, and drive our economy–all while investing significant financial and human resources throughout the state.
Starting in 2004, MANP has hosted Maine Nonprofit Day to showcase the work and worth of nonprofits and their vital contributions to Maine’s economy and quality of life. Maine Nonprofit Day is a day to collectively raise awareness for how #NonprofitsWorkforME.
Together we can:
- increase policymaker awareness of nonprofits and their vital contributions to Maine’s economy and way of life
- strengthen relationships between nonprofit leaders and public officials
- prepare to participate fully in the formation of public policy that impacts the communities they serve
The Future of Nonprofit Day
Traditionally, MANP’s Nonprofit Day has included an event in the Maine State House Hall of Flags, with nonprofit exhibitors showcasing the diversity of Maine’s nonprofit sector. This format has been disrupted during the past few years, but you can expect to hear from us with a plan for 2023.
Advocacy Resources to Use Year-Round
- MANP’s “Adding Up Impact” report includes important data about the scope of nonprofits' role in Maine.
- Our free “Frames That Work” messaging toolkit includes tips, talking points, templates and graphics all nonprofits are encouraged to use.
- Contact MANP’s Public Affairs Manager, Mary Alice Scott, if you have questions about how your organization can engage in advocacy.