Spot coaching for strategic questions
MANP offers coaching sessions that pair nonprofits with thought partners with relevant experience. These sessions are a good fit for strategic questions related to governance, planning, fundraising, communications, and technology such as (but not limited to) the following:
- How do we get our board members more engaged? (Less engaged? Re-engaged?)
- How can we build more trust and shared understanding of board vs staff roles?
- How can we build a more inclusive board?
- How do we navigate our next stage of organizational growth?
- How do we determine if XYZ fundraising strategy is a good fit?
- How do we prioritize our technology investments?
- How do we develop our communications strategy for our upcoming leadership transition?
- and more!
These sessions are not a replacement for consulting services, but offer an accessible and confidential opportunity to informally workshop challenges and/or jump start strategy.
Who Can Participate?
These confidential, free sessions are exclusively available to leaders from MANP member organizations. For the most dynamic dialogue, a maximum of 3 people from an organization may participate in the session.
These sessions are made available to members at no cost, but donations are welcome. We rely on the support of individuals, foundations, and businesses to offer programs like this one.
How to Sign Up
We are holding sessions every other month on the second Wednesday from 12-1:15pm. We open sign-ups about a month prior to each session. The December 13th session is now full. We are currently scheduling for 2024 with a tentative first session of February 14th.
To request a spot in the next session, please complete this brief form.
MANP staff will be in touch to confirm your participation or to request clarification. Space is limited; time slots will be filled first-come, first-served.
What to Expect
A 75-minute virtual session on Zoom with a thought partner who has relevant experience.
- MANP will open the session with a welcome to all attendees and a review of the format.
- Then, each nonprofit’s coaching session will occur concurrently, but in separate, private virtual breakout rooms.
- These are informal and conversational meetings with a focus on surfacing questions, suggestions, recommended resources/tools, and connections that can help with the issue at hand.
- No sales pitches for services – just a sounding board for your questions and challenges.
Recommendations and ideas shared during these sessions reflect the views and opinions of the peer coaches and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of MANP. MANP shall not be liable for any damages arising from your use of the program, and MANP does not endorse any individual or company participating in this program.
Become a Coach
Interested in being a thought partner to another nonprofit? Wonderful! Please reach out to Molly O’Connell at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time to chat. Coaches are offered compensation of $75 per session or with a complimentary Supporter Level Friend Membership ($250 value).
Thank you to the following coaches for sharing their time, knowledge, and experience to help make Sounding Board possible:
- Carol Walker Aten, Leadership Portland
- Deb Bicknell, Deborah Bicknell Consulting
- Mary Budd, Starboard Leadership Consulting LLC
- Tina Chapman, Kennebec Behavioral Health
- Maribeth Canning, Maribeth Canning Consulting
- Lynn Davey, Davey Consulting
- Kathleen Dodge, Hardy Girls Healthy Women
- Eva Frank
- Olivia Harris, Speak About It
- Brenda Peluso, Brenda Peluso Consulting
- Andy Robinson, Andy Robinson Consulting
- Rebecca Swanson Conrad, RSC Consulting, LLC
- Rebekah Strasburger, Osprey Strategy Group
- Sarah Strickland, Strategic Wisdom Partners
- Scott Schnapp, Starboard Leadership Consulting LLC
- Stephanie Paine, Stephanie Paine Consulting
- Tony Scucci, Consultant
- Ari Solotoff, Solotoff Law Group
- Lisa Anne Thompson Taylor, Board Veritas
- Kellie Wardman