Board Roles + Responsibilities
A strong board of directors is built upon clear understanding of basic roles and responsibilities. This session will provide an overview of a board’s primary legal duties, important responsibilities and essential roles in governing the organization and stewarding its mission.
- Understand why we join boards
- Clarify the roles of the board and its responsibilities
- Discuss strategies for building and sustaining an effective board
This webinar is for individuals already serving on nonprofit boards who are seeking an overview of their roles and responsibilities. Board members who have at least six months of board service will gain the most from participation. It is strongly suggested that multiple board members from the same organization and the executive director participate as a team for maximum benefit.
For More Information:
Cost + Registration
- $45 MANP members / $65 Nonmembers
- Discounts for teams! $25 off each additional registration from the same organization
- Scholarships available! Prior to registering, email your scholarship request to Learn@NonprofitMaine.org and be sure to include your name and organization.
About the Presenter
Jennifer Hutchins In July 2016, Jennifer Hutchins became Executive Director of the Maine Association of Nonprofits, the state’s leading organization for Maine’s charitable nonprofit sector with more than 1,000 members from all 16 counties. Previously, she was Executive Director of Creative Portland (ME) and Director of External Affairs at the Muskie School of Public Service at the University of Southern Maine, among other nonprofit professional roles in Maine and Washington, D.C.
Jennifer has served on several boards during her career, currently at the National Council of Nonprofits, the Maine Philanthropy Center, the Maine Academy of Modern Music, and on the advisory boards of the USM Muskie School and the Foundation for Portland (ME) Public Schools.