The Board-Executive Relationship: A Partnership that Works
No relationship is more important to the health of your nonprofit than the one between the board and its executive director. A strong and effective relationship sets the stage for organizational success. Yet, probably no other single relationship is as easily misconstrued or has such dire potential consequences. Many boards and executives cannot say with certainty whether they have a good relationship with each other, or even what that relationship should look like.
In this 2-part webinar series, participants will learn:
- the characteristics of an effective partnership
- positive ways to strengthen the board-executive relationship
- how to handle conflict between the board and executive
- how to promote transparency and accountability
For More Information:
Cost + Registration
- MANP Members save $60!
- $60 MANP Members / $120 nonmembers
- Enter promo code learnmanp when registering to receive discount
- This virtual event will take place on the Zoom platform. Your access link will be emailed to you prior to the first session.
- All sessions will be recorded and the recording will be available to all registered participants. Participants who are unable to attend one or more of the sessions will still have access to all course materials.
- We are committed to making our online courses as accessible as possible to all learners. Captioning is provided automatically through Zoom. If additional interpretation or accommodation is required, please indicate during registration.
- For more information on NAWA's policies, visit their Learning Policies page.
About the Presenter
Amanda Madorno is an executiveleadership coach, consultant and planning facilitator who helps nonprofit leaders and their teams drive personal and organizational change. After
many years in the nonprofit sector as a fundraiser and executive, Amanda began consulting in 1994 and incorporated Roam Consulting LLC in 2001. Her firm focuses on helping leaders build the skills they need to lead with excellence, successfully navigate change, and create productive teams. She believes emotional intelligence is the cornerstone of leadership excellence and is a certified EQ practitioner.
A seasoned nonprofit interim executive, with more than 18 interim assignments under her belt, she brings real-life leadership experience to her coaching and consulting practice. Her clients include community health clinics, Native American tribes, associations, museums, independent schools, social service agencies, and Fortune 500 companies. Credentialed in Equine Experiential Learning, Amanda blends her horse sense with her understanding of leadership. Leadership with Horses is an innovative leadership development experience that draws leaders and teams from around the globe. They join Amanda and her herd of horses in the arena to work together and make breakthroughs in their leadership skills and competencies.