This webinar is offered in partnership with Minnesota Council of Nonprofits.
Many people who work in nonprofits find themselves in the position of “accidental grantwriter” and do not feel fully equipped for the challenge. This session will provide a balance of tools, practice of skills and significant writing opportunities to deepen participants’ knowledge of and skills in grantwriting.
This intermediate-level training is also a hands-on writing clinic, in which registrants will receive feedback from other participants about specific sections of one of their grant proposals as well as have an opportunity to create and/or improve some usable grant content for their organizations.
- Develop grant content for your organization
- Analyze actual grant applications, and recognize successful and unsuccessful strategies
- Receive peer feedback on submitted grant applications and on the content written in the workshop
This session is focused on writing. For a session on the grantseeking process, you may wish to instead register for the Beginning Grantseeking session. This session focuses on the nonprofit funding landscape and the process of seeking grants. MCN also offers Beginning Grantwriting sessions. Visit MCN's Event Calendar to register for one.
For More Information:
Cost + Registration
- MANP Members Save $40!
- $89 MANP Members / $129 Nonmembers
- Enter code NCN when registering to receive member discount.
- This virtual event will take place on the Zoom platform. Your access link will be emailed to you the day before the event after 12 p.m.
- This session will be recorded. The recording will be made available to registrants after the live event.
- Captioning is provided automatically through Zoom. For information on requesting CART, ASL, or another accommodation, please visit MCN's Registration Policies page.
- To learn more about events, registration, and payment, visit MCN's Event & Registration FAQ page.
About the Presenter
Jan Castillo's career spans over 20 years in the corporate communications and investor relations industry. For ten years she was partner and minority-owner of The Carideo Group, Inc., an integrated communications consulting firm. In 2015, Jan began volunteering for a small dental clinic, where she donated her time providing grant research and proposal writing services to support the growing nonprofit. Here, she found her passion for grantwriting and in early 2017, Jan left the corporate world and formally launched The Dotted Line Collaborative, a grants development firm with the mission of connecting ideas and outcomes through grants. Jan is an active member of the Minnesota NorthStar Chapter of the Grants Professional Association where she currently serves as secretary, and is a member of the Association for Fundraising Professionals.