Leveraging Storytelling for Success in Communications + Fundraising
This webinar is in partnership with Minnesota Council of Nonprofits (MCN).
In nonprofit communications, storytelling plays a crucial role in driving awareness, garnering support, and inspiring action. However, for small communication teams within nonprofits, crafting compelling narratives can be a daunting challenge, especially when operating as a "department of one." Simultaneously, leveraging the power of story-based marketing is key to driving donor engagement, securing support, and maximizing fundraising efforts.
In this workshop, learn to harness the power of storytelling in communications and fundraising and explore strategies to collect, craft, distribute and effectively tell stories across multiple teams.
- Discover the science behind storytelling and why it matters
- Learn where to look for stories and how to engage other departments
- Uncover the top three things stories do for a nonprofit and ways to catalog stories
- Increase knowledge on where to use stories for maximum impact
- Review common storytelling mistakes
For More Information:
Cost + Registration
- MANP Members Save $20!
- $45 MANP Members / $65 Nonmembers
- Enter code NCN when registering for member discount.
- This virtual event will take place on the Zoom platform. Your access link will be emailed to you the day before the event after 12 p.m.
- This session will be recorded. The recording will be made available to registrants after the live event.
- Captioning is provided automatically through Zoom. For information on requesting CART, ASL, or another accommodation, please visit MCN's Registration Policies page.
- To learn more about events, registration, and payment, visit MCN's Event & Registration FAQ page.
About the Presenter
Shereese Floyd is the sought-after keynote speaker and CEO of Witness My Life - a people and culture firm that partners with corporations and universities to create and implement women's leadership programs. Her signature offering, Break the Glass: Redefining Women's Leadership Academy, is a licensed program taught as a single or multi-day workshop for corporations seeking to empower their female workforce. Break the Glass: Thought Leadership Academy is a 12-week implementation incubator designed for women ready to leverage their unique ideas and perspectives to get paid for their ideas, not their labor.
She is on a mission to empower women to stop auditioning for their value so they can end self-doubt, embrace self-mastery, develop authentic leadership – and be impossible to ignore. Shereese's book, Become the Greatest Story Ever Told: Making a Memoir, serves as both a memoir-writing tool and the basis for a curriculum and study guide.
As a TEDx speaker and coach, and an award-winning speechwriter for her TEDx talk on "The Secret to Healing the World," she works with aspiring speakers to get their messages out of their heads and into the world.
Her work has been featured in prestigious publications such as Essence, Chief Learning Officer, Forbes, Entrepreneur Magazine, and CEO World.