All Aboard: Exploring Nonprofit Board Service
Looking for a personal or professional growth opportunity? Interested in getting more involved in your community? Want to stretch as a leader? Nonprofit board or committee service can be a rewarding way to invest in your community, meet incredible people, build new skills and boost your resume! But, is this volunteer opportunity the right fit for you? And where do you even start?
Join us for this virtual lunch and learn!
Participants will walk away with:
- A deeper understanding of the role of nonprofits and boards.
- Clarity on whether board service is a good fit for their goals.
- Strategies to identify opportunities that match their passions and talents.
- A list of the top questions to ask organizations when exploring board service.
This session is for people at any point in their career who are:
- New to nonprofit board/committee service,
- Want to deepen their community impact,
- Interested in growing as leaders and building their network
- Trying to decide if board service is the right choice for them,
- Wondering how to get started!
For More Information:
Cost + Registration
- This is a free event and anyone interested in board service is welcome to attend!
- Suggested donation of $15
- This training will be recorded and the recording will be available to individuals who registered for 30 days after the event date.
- Captioning: We will have automated captioning enabled.
- Visual Descriptions: Presenters will include visual descriptions of themselves.
- We strive to host inclusive and accessibile events. If you have any accessibility request, we encourage you to reach out to Learn@nonprofitmaine.org.