Governance Coaching Sessions
Is your board grappling with a sticky strategic issue and wish you had an outside thought partner? Faced with a challenging board dynamic or performance issue and not sure how to move forward? Wishing you had someone to bounce ideas off of?
MANP is piloting governance coaching sessions that pair nonprofits with 2-3 thought partners with experience and insights related to nonprofit boards. They are not a replacement for or sales pitch for consulting services, but offer an accessible and confidential opportunity to informally workshop governance challenges and/or jump start organizational strategy.
These sessions are a good fit for questions like the following (but not limited to the following):
- How do we get our board members more engaged? (Less engaged? Re-engaged?)
- We’re struggling with board recruitment. What else can we try?
- Our committee structure isn’t working. How can we reimagine?
- How can we build more trust and shared understanding of board vs staff roles?
- What’s the board’s role in our next stage of organizational growth?
Who Can Participate?
These confidential, free sessions are exclusively available to executive directors and board members from MANP member organizations. For the most dynamic dialogue, a maximum of 3 people from an organization may participate in the session.
How to Sign Up
We are holding sessions every other month on the second Wednesday from 12-1:15pm. We open sign-ups about a month prior to each session. To reserve a spot at our next coaching session, please complete this brief form. MANP staff will be in touch to confirm your participation or to request clarification. Space is limited; time slots will be filled first-come, first-served.
What to Expect
A 75 minute virtual session on Zoom with 2-3 thought partners who have nonprofit leadership experience.
- MANP will open the session with a welcome to all attendees and a review of the format.
- Then, each nonprofit’s coaching session will occur concurrently, but in separate, private virtual breakout rooms.
- These are informal and conversational meetings with a focus on surfacing questions, suggestions, recommended resources/tools, and connections that can help with the issue at hand.
- No sales pitches for services – just a sounding board for your questions and challenges
Note that recommendations and ideas shared during these sessions reflect the views and opinions of the peer coaches and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of MANP. MANP shall not be liable for any damages arising from your use of the program, and MANP does not endorse any individual or company participating in this program.
Interested in Being a Thought Partner to Another Nonprofit?
Wonderful! Please reach out to Molly O’Connell at email@example.com to set up a time to chat.
Thank you to the following coaches for sharing their time, knowledge, and experience to help make our Governance Coaching Sessions possible:
- Ari Solotoff, Solotoff Law Group
- Deb Bicknell, Deborah Bicknell Consulting
- Mary Budd, Starboard Leadership Consulting LLC
- Kathleen Dodge, Hardy Girls Healthy Women
- Lisa Anne Thompson Taylor, Board Veritas
- Maribeth Canning – Principal, Maribeth Canning Consulting
- Olivia Harris, Speak About It
- Rebecca Swanson Conrad, RSC Consulting LLC
- Sarah Strickland, Strategic Wisdom Partners
- Scott Schnapp, Starboard Leadership Consulting LLC
- Tina Chapman, Kennebec Behavioral Health
- Tony Scucci, Consultant