MANP's Advocacy Committee guides MANP's advocacy program, including but not limited to trainings, public awareness programs, and lobbying efforts.
The committee's key roles include:
- Assisting staff in developing and marketing educational programs that empower Maine nonprofits to advocate legally and effectively for themselves and their constituents.
- Identifying and cultivating relationships that build MANP’s capacity to effectively advocate for policies that help nonprofits thrive and advance their missions.
- Shaping criteria and frameworks to guide MANP’s lobbying agenda.
- Advising on the development and dissemination of research about the impact of nonprofit organizations on Maine’s economy and quality of life.
- Enhancing MANP's visibility as a voice for Maine’s nonprofit sector by developing collaborative relationships with sub-sector coalitions.
Advocacy Committee Members
- Committee Chair – Linda Nelson, MANP Board Vice President
- Jason Parent, Aroostook County Action Program
- Jeff Romano, Public Policy Coordinator, Maine Coast Heritage Trust
- Betsy Sawyer-Manter, LMSW, Executive Director, SeniorsPlus
- Marcia Sharp, MANP Board President
- Malory Shaughnessy, MPPM, Executive Director, Alliance for Addiction and Mental Health Services, Maine