Decoding Nonprofit Finances
Many nonprofit leaders are not trained with an accounting background and sometimes reading your financial statements can feel confusing and even overwhelming. Join UNA and experts from Tanner LLC for a high-level training on understanding nonprofit financial statements and managing cash flow projections.
In this training, we'll cover the following:
- A brief overview of the role of an accountant in any organization
- The difference between accrual and cash basis accounting in plain English
- Breaking down the four basic nonprofit financial statements:
- Statement of financial position
- Statement of activities
- Statement of cash flows
- Statement of functional expenses
- Managing and projecting cash flow
- Beyond the financial statements:
- Trend and ratio analysis
- Setting and monitoring a plan of action
This is a one-hour session with 30 minutes for questions.
Who should attend?
Executive Directors, Board Treasurers, Accountanting Staff, Operatings Staff, Development Staff, and anyone interested in learning more about financial statements for your nonprofit.
For More Information:
Cost + Registration
- MANP Members Save $45!
- $65 MANP Members / $130 Nonmembers
- Enter code 24DNFMAN at checkout when registering to receive member discount. An account on the Utah Nonprofits Association website is not required to register.
About the Presenter
Sitori Holbrook has almost 10 years of public accounting experience in a variety of industries, specializing in not-for-profit accounting. Prior to Tanner, Sitori worked in industry for eight years as a controller overseeing all aspects of accounting. She has experience with a variety of accounting systems and general ledger integration software. She’s a founding member of Tanner’s client accounting services department. She manages large accounting outsourcing projects and is skilled in business process transformation and the systems that support it as well as internal controls over financial reporting. Sitori received her bachelor’s and master’s in accounting at Westminster College. Sitori is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Utah Association of Certified Public Accountants and serves on Tanner’s Not-for-Profit Committee as well as on the board of a local not for profit.