Maine Nonprofit Compensation Report: Wages + Benefits
We strive to provide reliable, objective salary and benefit data nonprofits can use to set appropriate pay and benefits for staff and new hires, and justify compensation levels to the public and the IRS.
2016 Report on Nonprofit Wages + Benefits
This report is based on data from 278 reporting Maine nonprofits who provided data on wages for 7,655 full-time and 274 part-time employees across 32 job categories during the spring and early summer of 2016. The report includes Maine-specific data as well as regional comparisons with our partners from New Hampshire and Vermont.
Download a free snapshot of the 2016 report!
How to Order Your Full Copy
Both member organizations and organizations that participated in the survey receive great discounts on this publication!
|Survey Participants*||Survey Non-participants|
|Members||Free||$125 (50% off)|
Participating organizations should have received their discount code via email, or can contact MANP at 207-871-1885.
Order your copy! Note: This is an electronic publication. After ordering, you will receive details about how to access your copy.
Partners + Sponsors
This year’s survey is a joint effort with the NH Center for Nonprofits, CommonGood Vermont, and the New Hampshire Survey Center.
Thank you to our report sponsors:
- 2014 Report – This report is based on data from 408 reporting Maine nonprofits who provided data on wages for 8,816 full-time and 328 part-time employees across 32 job categories during the spring of 2014. The report includes Maine-specific data as well as regional comparisons with our partners from New Hampshire and Vermont.
- Download a free report snapshot.
- Member organizations that participated are entitled to a free copy. Non-member organizations that participated and member organizations that did not participate both get a 50% discount off the current price of $50 Members/$100 NonMembers.
- Order the report online or call 207-871-1885!
- The 2014 report is also available for review in a number of libraries around the state. Download the list of library locations.
- 2012 Report Snapshot (2012 Job Descriptions for reference)
- 2010 Report Snapshot
- 2008 Report Snapshot
- 2006 Report Snapshot
- 2004 Report Snapshot
- 2003 Report Snapshot
Other Support for Setting Compensation
- National Council of Nonprofits Executive Compensation Policies resource page
- Using Salary Surveys Effectively, Lynn Breckinridge, Breckinridge Consulting. A more in-depth article about when and how to use salary surveys as a tool.
- Find more resources in our free, searchable Answer Center.