As a leading advocate and resource, MANP is committed to ensuring that Maine nonprofits have the information and connections they need to adapt, manage and lead during these extraordinarily challenging times. MANP Connects provides a space to discuss the issues unique to our network and hear from peers and partners at the forefront of the opportunities and challenges facing Maine nonprofits and communities.
These 45-minute, Friday morning programs feature special guests from Maine’s nonprofit sector and beyond who share their insights and perspectives in conversation with MANP executive director Jennifer Hutchins.
MANP Connects 2022 is a monthly series! You only need to register once and it’s FREE to attend.
Watch 2022 MANP Connects
- January: Sector Check In with LifeFlight Foundation, Maine College of Art + Design, Maine Initiatives, and E2 Tech
- February: Staff Engagement + Retention with Full Plates Full Potential, Jewish Community Alliance of Southern Maine, Group Main Stream, Goodwill Northern New England
- March: Coalition Building for Public Policy with the Cultural Alliance of Maine, Together Place Peer Recovery Center, YMCA Alliance of Northern New England and Maine Children’s Alliance.
- April: Nonprofit Workforce Shortage with Maine DECD Commissioner Heather Johnson, Sunrise County Economic Council and Boys & Girls Clubs of Southern Maine.
- May: Volunteer Recruitment + Engagement with Volunteer Maine, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Mid-Maine, Partners for Peace, Furniture Friends, Volunteers of American Northern New England, and Equality Maine.
- June: Summer Vacation!
- July: Meet New Nonprofit Leaders with Deborah Ellwood, Maine Community Foundation; Tam Hyunh, Holocaust and Human Rights Center of Maine; Melissa Huston, Habitat for Humanity Greater Bangor; and Samaa Abdurraqib, Maine Humanities Council
Listen to past MANP Connects
- Shima Kabirigi, Maine Initiatives (Recorded Sept. 24, 2021)
- Rev. Allen Ewing-Merrill, The BTS Center (Recorded Sept. 10, 2021)
- Maria Girouard, Wabanaki REACH (Recorded August 27, 2021)
- Liz Jenkins, AIO Food & Energy Assistance (Recorded August 13, 2021)
- Bill Whitmore, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care (Recorded July 23, 2021)
- Margaret Brownlee, Maine College of Art (Recorded June 18, 2021)
- Dianne Tilton, Downeast Institute (Recorded June 4, 2021)
- Steven Rowe, Maine Community Foundation (Recorded May 21, 2021)
- Christian Cotz, First Amendment Museum (Recorded May 7, 2021)
- Dr. Nirav D. Shah, Maine Center for Disease Control & Prevention (Recorded April 23, 2021)
- Márcia Minter, Indigo Arts Alliance (Recorded March 26, 2021)
- Celine Kuhn, The Telling Room (Recorded March 12, 2021)
- Jen Fullmer, Boots2Roots (Recorded February 26, 2021)
- Senator Cathy Breen (Recorded February 12, 2021)
- Thomas McAdam, Kennebec Behavioral Health (Recorded January 29, 2021)
- Gabriela Alcalde, Elmina B. Sewall Foundation (Recorded January 15, 2021)
MANP Connects 2022 Sponsors
How it started
MANP Connects launched in April 2020 as a space for members of the nonprofit community across the state to receive timely information, stay on top of the latest developments, and connect with peers as the effects of the pandemic came to light.
Sponsorship opportunities available! If you’re interested in sponsoring MANP Connects or another program, please email Kelly McCormack, Development + Marketing Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.