About Our Work
MANP Advocacy Network
The threats to nonprofit autonomy, tax-exemptions, and charitable giving incentives have increased significantly. To answer these threats and be positioned to act on opportunities, we stepped up our presence our advocacy on behalf of all nonprofits in the state. To fund these efforts, we have created the MANP Advocacy Network. We can’t thank our Network members enough for supporting this work.
MANP’s advocacy work has never been more important than right now during the COVID-19 crisis. We are literally representing the voice and interests of the nonprofit sector day and night both in Augusta and DC. If your organization would like to join our network, please reach out to Sarah Woodard, email@example.com. Sarah is MANP’s Advocacy Director and the only registered lobbyist working on behalf of the nonprofit sector in Maine.
Thank You to Our Advocacy Network Members!
- Alliance for Addiction and Mental Health Services
- Avesta Housing
- Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences
- Catholic Charities Maine
- Community Concepts
- Creative Work Systems
- Crisis and Counseling Centers
- Defend Our Health
- Elmina B. Sewall Foundation
- Friends of Casco Bay
- Good Shepherd Food Bank
- Goodwill Industries of Northern New England
- Island Institute
- Kennebec Behavioral Health
- LEAP, Inc.
- Maine Audubon
- Maine Coast Heritage Trust
- Maine Community Action Association
- Maine Primary Care Association
- Maine Public
- Maine Public Health Association
- Milestone Recovery
- Natural Resources Council of Maine
- Nature Based Education Consortium
- The Nature Conservancy
- The Opportunity Alliance
- Penquis Community Action Program
- Pine Tree Society
- Portland Museum of Art
- Preble Street
- Shalom House
- Tri-County Mental Health
- United Way of Greater Portland
- The Unity Foundation
- University of New England
- Volunteers of America Northern New England
- Woodfords Family Services
- YMCA Alliance of Maine
These organizations have made an additional financial contribution to our efforts, acknowledging the important role MANP can play in creating positive public policies that increase the chances of mission success for all Maine nonprofits.
Won’t you join them?