Board Roles + Responsibilities
This webinar is part of MANP's Get on Board initiative, funded in part by John T. Gorman Foundation, The Betterment Fund and Onion Foundation. 2022 Board Roles + Responsibilities are generously sponsored by Camden National Bank.
A strong board of directors is built upon clear understanding of basic roles and responsibilities. This session will provide an overview of a board’s primary legal duties, important responsibilities and essential roles in governing the organization and stewarding its mission.
- Understand why we join boards
- Clarify the roles of the board and its responsibilities
- Discuss strategies for building and sustaining an effective board
This webinar is for individuals already serving on nonprofit boards who are seeking an overview of their roles and responsibilities. Board members who have at least six months of board service will gain the most from participation. It is strongly suggested that multiple board members from the same organization and the executive director participate as a team for maximum benefit.
Share any questions when you register. We will do our best to incorporate them into the presentation.
For More Information:
Cost + Registration
- $45 MANP members / $65 Nonmembers
- Discounts for teams! $25 off each additional registration from the same organization
- Scholarships available! Prior to registering, email your scholarship request to Learn@NonprofitMaine.org and be sure to include your name and organization.
- Participants will receive login instructions in the registration confirmation email as well as in reminder emails that will be sent one day and one hour prior to the live event.
- This webinar will be recorded and the recording will be available to all registered participants for 30 days after the event. Participants who are unable to attend will still have access to all materials.
- This MANP-hosted webinar will be hosted in Zoom Meeting and we ask participants turn off their cameras and mute themselves when joining.
About the Presenter
Jennifer Hutchins became the Executive Director of the Maine Association of Nonprofits in July 2016. Prior to joining MANP, Jennifer was Executive Director of Creative Portland, where she led the City of Portland’s efforts to strengthen the creative economy. Jennifer also served as Director of Communications and External Affairs at the USM Muskie School of Public Service for nine years and Marketing Director at Portland Stage Company from 1995-2000. She has served on several boards during her career, including Visit Portland, the Greater Portland Economic Development Council, the Maine Association of Nonprofits, the Maine Academy of Modern Music, and most recently, Maine Philanthropy Center. In May 2020, Jennifer was selected to participate on Governor Mills’ Economic Recovery Committee, which is tasked with putting forth recommendations to alleviate the impacts of the COVID 19 pandemic on the state’s economy. Jennifer holds a Master’s in public policy and management from the USM Muskie School and lives in Portland with her husband and two daughters.