Strategic Board Recruitment Toolkit
Attracting qualified, motivated board members is critical to the effectiveness and sustainability of your organization, so the job of building a board must be about more than just filling slots. It is about being strategic in the way a board looks at its composition related to its responsibilities.
This toolkit is designed to help you transform how you and your board think about and approach board recruitment, so you can get the people you need at the board table to achieve your organizational goals.
This toolkit includes:
- Four twenty-minute recorded webinars covering:
- Introduction to Strategic Board Recruitment
- Instituting a Recruitment Process
- Identifying Candidates and Preparing to Make the Ask
- Asking, Welcoming, Orienting, and Engaging
- A roadmap to guide board champions to bring these concepts and tools to the full board
- Worksheets to support board discussion on key topics
- Customizable templates to support your recruitment process
- Supplementary thought-provoking articles
This toolkit provides everything you need to engage your board in constructing a successful recruitment process and timeline tailored to your organization—a process that can be used year after year.
This toolkit is ideal for…
- Board leaders who recognize the need to put in place a board recruitment process that is built upon best practices.
- Board members who chair or engage in the recruitment process and seek a structure within which to work.
- Staff members supporting the recruitment process who seek tools that can support a successful recruitment effort.
- Members: $50
- NonMembers: $90
Note: to order this toolkit you will need to log in to your MANP online account, or create one. If you need assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us at Learn@NonprofitMaine.org.
Jeff Wahlstrom is managing director of Starboard Leadership Consulting. He has more than 30 years of hands-on experience as a nonprofit leader, board member, and consultant to an extensive list of clients, large and small, throughout Maine. He regularly provides counsel to boards on governance best practices, succession and transition planning, and strategic planning. Jeff has developed an online board self-assessment tool for Maine nonprofits, and he is a frequent speaker on a wide range of board governance and nonprofit management topics.