Focus on Effective Management
Management Skills + Tools
Tuesday, September 10
8:30am-4:00pm (8:30-9:00am: Breakfast, Registration + Networking)
Hilton Garden Inn, Freeport
This event is now full. To be put on a wait list, please email Learn@NonprofitMaine.org.
This day long training will give participants an opportunity to develop your skills and add to your toolbox for managing others so you can be an effective leader, achieve your organization’s goals, and stay sane. Participants will learn how to delegate roles and responsibilities with setting shared expectations for success, and how to provide feedback to ensure accountability, learning and growth. Participants will also learn how to develop others through coaching methods resulting in a more effective team. The day will wrap up with an assessment and tools for personal success, including energy and time management skills.
The day will focus on four areas:
- Delegation & Ownership of Results: Strong managers lighten their load and develop their teams through strategic delegation, shared expectations and clearly set goals. Communication is key.
- Giving Feedback & Accountability: Goal-setting and meaningful feedback are critical to inspire and promote employee growth with the appropriate motivators.
- Using Coaching to Develop Your Staff: Proper coaching is the key to increasing the impact of individuals and the team at-large.
- Staying Sane – Time and Energy Management: Peoples’ time and energy are precious and there are several ways to prioritize, protect and renew ones energy and effectiveness.
At the end of the day, participants will be able to:
- Establish shared expectations for success
- Develop strategies for staying connected to the work and team
- Set the stage for and understand the necessary components of effective feedback
- Develop practical techniques for team accountability
- Support their teams through coaching methods and tracking
- Identify right-sized tools for their own personal time management and effectiveness
Anyone in a managerial role or aspiring to be a manager. Teams are always encouraged to attend for greater learning impact!
Cost + Registration
- Registration includes breakfast + lunch
- $200 MANP Members / $240 Non-Members
- Team learning saves! Save $25 on each additional registration from the same organization
About the Presenter
Laura Mitchell brings to Starboard Leadership Consulting 14 years of experience in marketing, strategic planning, facilitation, fundraising and community building. Laura’s focus at Starboard is on leadership and team development. She is a certified trainer and facilitator in both “Everything DiSC” and “The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team™”.
Prior to joining Starboard, Laura owned an independent consultancy. Laura has also led programs for the Bangor Region Chamber of Commerce, Eastern Maine Development Corporation, and United Way of Eastern Maine. Early in her career, Laura worked in San Francisco and Boston in the marketing planning and commercial real estate sectors. As a volunteer, Laura has gained experience on municipal and non-profit boards. Laura is a graduate of the Bangor Region Leadership Institute.
Thank You to Our Sponsors!