2019 Focus on Fundraising: It Takes a Team
Three chances to attend!
April 30 in Bangor (9am-4pm)
May 1 in Bar Harbor (9am-4pm)
May 3 in Waterville (9am-4pm)
This full day workshop, being offered in three locations this spring, is designed to help staff and board members to improve their fundraising skills, create a plan, and courageously engage with donors. Participants will leave with several practical tools and techniques…plus a complimentary copy of a book written by Andy Robinson, How to Raise $500 to $5000 From Almost Anyone or Train Your Board (and Everyone Else) to Raise Money.
During the morning, we’ll cover the nuts and bolts of fundraising. You might be surprised to learn that 80% of charitable funds come from individual donors, not foundations or corporations. Learn to build a fundraising program that honors your mission, engages potential donors, and raises more money.
- Redefining fundraising: It’s not just asking for money
- Where money comes from: Building a diverse funding base
- Identifying prospective donors
- Ranking the effectiveness of different fundraising strategies
- Building a board fundraising menu
- Board fundraising leadership: Who is your sparkplug?
The afternoon will focus on making your case and the art of asking. The most effective way to raise money is to look someone in the face and ask. For many people, this is also the scariest fundraising strategy. Learn step by step how to schedule appointments, meet with donors, and ask for their support.
Based on Andy’s book, Train Your Board (and Everyone Else) to Raise Money, this workshop is designed to increase staff and board member comfort and skill in fundraising.
- Reducing fundraising fear and discomfort
- Effective listening and storytelling with donors
- Making the ask
- Managing donor relationships more skillfully
- 8:15am – 9:00am: Registration, Breakfast + Networking
- 9:00am – 12:00pm: The Nuts and Bolts of Fundraising
- 12:00pm – 1:00pm: Lunch
- 1:00pm – 4:00pm: Making Your Case + Making the Ask
This is a practical learning opportunity for board members, executive directors, and fundraising staff, and is especially geared toward teams from the same organization who want to put tools and strategies to use immediately.
- $150 MANP Members / $190 Non-members
- Scholarships available
- Price includes breakfast, lunch, breaks, and a complimentary book for each participant: How to Raise $500 to $5000 From Almost Anyone or Train Your Board (and Everyone Else) to Raise Money, by Andrea Kihlstedt and Andy Robinson. Additional books will be available for purchase on site.
- Build your bench! Save $25 on each additional registrant from the same organization to attend on the same day (offer good for members and non-members)
Online registration is now closed. To register yourself or someone else, please call us at 207-871-1885.
About the Presenter
Andy Robinson has 34 years of experience working with nonprofits as a fundraiser, facilitator, trainer, consultant, and community organizer. He specializes in the needs of organizations working for human rights, social justice, artistic expression, environmental conservation, and community development. Andy’s books include Grassroots Grants, Selling Social Change, How to Raise $500 to $5000 From Almost Anyone, What Every Board Member Needs to Know, Do, and Avoid, The Board Member’s Easier Than You Think Guide to Nonprofit Finances, and Train Your Board (and Everyone Else) to Raise Money, www.trainyourboard.com.
Thank You to Our Sponsors!