Events + Trainings
MANP’s Nonprofit Leadership Institute provides executive directors of all experience levels with dedicated time and space to reflect, set goals, and develop action plans to strengthen their leadership and prepare to shape cultures of learning and shared leadership within their organizations.
Rooted in leadership development best practices and a commitment to practical application, this four-day intensive program guides nonprofit executive directors to:
- build self and social awareness for stronger staff, board, and community relationships;
- recognize and build on their signature strengths;
- cultivate a personal leadership vision and the capacity to hold a long-term vision of possibility for the organization;
- apply systems thinking tools to understanding and solving challenges;
- develop coaching skills for growing the next generation of leaders;
- enhance team leadership skills for both informal (coalition and community) and formal (board and staff) teams;
- create a learning community of peers; and
- plan for an ongoing learning strategy beyond the Institute.
The ultimate goal of the Leadership Institute is to increase the ability of each participant to shape and guide adaptable, effective organizations that are respected partners in creating, sustaining and improving Maine’s quality of life.
Schedule + Commitment
The 2020 Leadership Institute has been postponed to 2021 due to ongoing developments related to COVID-19. More details will be communicated to current applicants via email. For urgent questions please email Learn@NonprofitMaine.org. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
The 2020 Leadership Institute takes place Tuesday, June 9-Friday, June 12 in Unity, Maine. A sample schedule is below and the final schedule is made available upon acceptance into the program.
Attendance at all four days is required as well as completion of all pre-work for the program to ensure the best quality learning experience for participants. Pre-work includes reading and assessments.
Tuition + Application
Tuition includes room and board, all meals, assessments, program materials, and one hour of private coaching in follow-up to the program.
- $1,400 MANP Members
- $2,000 Non-members
- Limited financial assistance is available and can be requested as part of the application process.
- Applications closed on Friday, March 13. All applicants will be notified no later than Friday, March 27.
“For me, the most valuable aspect of the Leadership Institute was connecting with other executive directors, realizing that we were all facing similar obstacles, and learning together in a group environment.” -2019 Leadership Institute Alum