MANP’s Leadership Institute for Executive Directors provides executive directors of all experience levels with dedicated time and space to reflect, set goals, and develop action plans to strengthen their leadership and prepare to shape cultures of learning and shared leadership within their organizations.
Rooted in leadership development best practices and a commitment to practical application, this intensive program guides nonprofit executive directors to:
- build self and social awareness for stronger staff, board, and community relationships;
- recognize and build on their signature strengths;
- cultivate a personal leadership vision and the capacity to hold a long-term vision of possibility for the organization;
- apply systems thinking tools to understanding and solving challenges;
- develop coaching skills for growing the next generation of leaders;
- enhance team leadership skills for both informal (coalition and community) and formal (board and staff) teams;
- create a learning community of peers; and
- plan for an ongoing learning strategy beyond the Institute.
The ultimate goal of the Leadership Institute is to increase the ability of each participant to shape and guide adaptable, effective organizations that are respected partners in creating, sustaining and improving Maine’s quality of life.
Congratulations + Welcome to the 2021 Leadership Institute Class!
Heather Campbell, White Pine Programs
Deana Cavan, Rett’s Roost
Christian Cotz, First Amendment Museum
Nicholas Fisichelli, Schoodic Institute at Acadia National Park
Emily Flinkstrom, Fair Tide
Anna Goodale, Megunticook Rowing
Olivia Harris, Speak About It
Destie Hohman Sprague, Maine Women’s Lobby + MWL Education Fund
Gwendolyn Hudson, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Mid-Maine
Rota L. Knott, Tedford Housing
Annie Leahy, Mechanics’ Hall
Michael Miclon, Johnson Hall
Jessica Muise, Engine
Cynthia Randall, Cornerstones of Science
Katie Rutherford, Frannie Peabody Center
Jean Sideris, Bicycle Coalition of Maine
Sarah Swift-Simons, Hospice Volunteers of Waterville Area
James Vincent, Pharos House
Tamara Whitmore, Friends of the Cobbossee Watershed
Beth Wilbur Van Mierlo, Side x Side
“For me, the most valuable aspect of the Leadership Institute was connecting with other executive directors, realizing that we were all facing similar obstacles, and learning together in a group environment.” -2019 Leadership Institute Alum
2021 Leadership Institute Sponsorship
If you’re interested in supporting the Leadership Institute or learning about sponsorship opportunities for other MANP programs, please contact our Development + Marketing Manager, Kelly McCormack.