Events + Trainings
MANP’s Leadership Institute for Executive Directors provides executive directors of all experience levels with dedicated time and space to reflect, set goals, and develop action plans to strengthen their leadership and prepare to shape cultures of learning and shared leadership within their organizations.
Rooted in leadership development best practices and a commitment to practical application, this intensive program guides nonprofit executive directors to:
- build self and social awareness for stronger staff, board, and community relationships;
- recognize and build on their signature strengths;
- cultivate a personal leadership vision and the capacity to hold a long-term vision of possibility for the organization;
- apply systems thinking tools to understanding and solving challenges;
- develop coaching skills for growing the next generation of leaders;
- enhance team leadership skills for both informal (coalition and community) and formal (board and staff) teams;
- create a learning community of peers; and
- plan for an ongoing learning strategy beyond the Institute.
The ultimate goal of the Leadership Institute is to increase the ability of each participant to shape and guide adaptable, effective organizations that are respected partners in creating, sustaining and improving Maine’s quality of life.
After a year on pause, a new and improved version of the Leadership Institute is planned to begin in the Fall of 2021!
Apply to Participate
Everyone who applied to the 2020 program will be reconsidered for the 2021 program without having to submit a new application. MANP has been in touch with these applicants directly. We are accepting additional applications for the 2021 program for a very limited time.
- Download and review the 2021 Leadership Institute Overview, which includes a tentative schedule. Details for the first session will be finalized by the end of July.
- Complete the online application no later than Friday, July 23.
Tuition includes in-person and virtual meetings, assessments, program materials, and four private coaching sessions.
- $1,500 MANP Members
- $2,000 Nonmembers
- Limited financial assistance is available. Please email us to inquire.
Attendance at all sessions is required as well as completion of all pre-work for the program to ensure the best quality learning experience for participants. Pre-work includes reading and assessments.
The deadline to submit your application is Friday, July 23. Applicants will be notified by July 30.
“For me, the most valuable aspect of the Leadership Institute was connecting with other executive directors, realizing that we were all facing similar obstacles, and learning together in a group environment.” -2019 Leadership Institute Alum
2021 Leadership Institute Sponsorship
If you’re interested in supporting the Leadership Institute or learning about sponsorship opportunities for other MANP programs, please contact our Development + Marketing Manager, Kelly McCormack.