Personalized Nonprofit Management Assistance
- MANP’s Nonprofit Management Help Desk
- Pro Bono Legal Assistance
- Pro Bono Accounting Advice
- Pro Bono Tech Assessment
- Nonprofit Risk Management Technical Assistance
- UST HR Workplace
MANP’s Nonprofit Help Desk
We have experienced staff available to answer your nonprofit management questions or to refer you to appropriate resources. Some inquiries can be answered right away, others will require research.
Members have exclusive, unlimited access to this service.
Submit a question to our Nonprofit Help Desk via our online form or call 207-871-1885 and ask for the Help Desk. Staff respond to all inquiries within five business days.
Pro Bono Legal Advice
Thanks to the generous support of Eaton Peabody, Law Office of Robert H. Levin, and Verrill, we are able to offer our members a limited amount of free legal advice on topics delineated below. This benefit entitles active members to a telephone consultation of up to 30 minutes in duration. Please note: the process of matching to a legal partner can take some time; we aren’t always able to accommodate time-sensitive questions.
Topics appropriate for referral include:
- Governance rules (bylaws, voting, decision making, conflicts of interest, etc.)
- Charitable registration and solicitation laws
- 501(c)(3) regulations (lobbying, private inurement, etc.)
- Tax issues (federal, state, or property tax)
- Charitable giving
- Fiscal sponsorship
- Employment law
Drafting, reviewing or filing legal documents is outside the scope of this benefit.
All referrals for assistance MUST come through MANP, and this service is only available to MANP members in good standing. Please contact Molly O’Connell by email or 207-871-1885 for further information or a referral.
Pro Bono Accounting Advice
Thank you to the generous support of Purdy Powers & Company and PGM Accounting we offer members a limited amount of free accounting advice on topics delineated below. This benefit entitles active MANP members to a telephone consultation of up to 30 minutes in duration. Please note: the process of matching to an accountant partner can take some time; we aren’t always able to accommodate time-sensitive questions.
Topics appropriate for referral include:
- Federal and state compliance questions
- 990 and 990-T filing requirements
- 403(b) audit issues
- Application of accounting standards
- Internal control issues
- Assistance with request for proposal process
All referrals for assistance MUST come through MANP. Please contact our Member Help Desk by email or by calling 207-871-1885 for further information or for a referral.
Pro Bono Tech Assessment
Thanks to the generous support of RoundTable Technology, MANP’s pro bono technology assessment benefit provides our members with an opportunity to gain important insights about this essential element of their infrastructure. The assessment – a $5,000 value – short surveys and interviews focusing on various aspects of technology including governance, support, staff perceptions, cybersecurity, infrastructure, data, website, digital communications, work from home and more. Learn more + request assistance.
Nonprofit Risk Management Center Technical Assistance
We are proud to be an affiliate member of NRMC (Nonprofit Risk Management Center). The Affiliates Program offers practical risk management resources to our members including unlimited answers to risk management questions through its Risk Help™ program.
Cost: Free for MANP members; unavailable to nonmembers
For access, please contact Molly O’Connell.
UST HR Workplace
UST HR Workplace is an essential tool for staying compliant with state/federal regulations. This cloud-based platform of HR tools, templates and online training helps nonprofits create a safe, compliant, and productive workplace.
- A team of HR experts standing by to answer your calls by phone or email every day. Guaranteed resolution of your question within 24 hours.
- Training solutions that ensure compliance
- An award-winning resource center for all of your compliance issues.
Subscribers will have access to compensation tools, job description builders and a robust Q&A database of commonly asked HR questions.
- Members of Unemployment Services Trust (UST) receive the entire UST HR Workplace service at no additional cost!
- MANP members that are not members of UST can still receive the entire UST HR Workplace for $75 per month.