Personalized Nonprofit Management Assistance
- MANP’s Nonprofit Management Help Desk
- Pro Bono Legal Assistance
- Pro Bono Accounting Advice
- Pro Bono Tech Assessment
- Nonprofit Risk Management Technical Assistance
- ThinkHR Workplace
MANP’s Nonprofit Help Desk
We have experienced staff available to answer your nonprofit management questions or to refer you to appropriate resources. Some inquiries can be answered right away, others will require research.
Members have exclusive, unlimited access to this service.
Submit a question to our Nonprofit Help Desk via our online form or call 207-871-1885 and ask for the Help Desk. Staff respond to all inquiries within five business days.
Pro Bono Legal Advice
Thanks to the generous support of Eaton Peabody and Law Office of Robert H. Levin we are able to offer our members a limited amount of free legal advice on topics delineated below. This benefit entitles active members to a telephone consultation of up to 30 minutes in duration.
Topics appropriate for referral include:
- Governance issues (bylaws, voting, decision making, conflicts of interest, etc.)
- Charitable registration and solicitation laws
- 501(c)(3) regulations (lobbying, private inurement, etc.)
- Tax issues (federal, state, or property tax)
- Charitable giving
- Fiscal sponsorship
All referrals for assistance MUST come through MANP, and this service is only available to MANP members in good standing. Please contact Molly O’Connell by email or 207-871-1885 for further information or a referral.
Pro Bono Accounting Advice
Thank you to the generous support of Purdy Powers & Company we offer members a limited amount of free accounting advice on topics delineated below. This benefit entitles active MANP members to a telephone consultation of up to 30 minutes in duration.
Topics appropriate for referral include:
- Federal and state compliance questions
- 990 and 990-T filing requirements
- 403(b) audit issues
- Application of accounting standards
- Internal control issues
- Assistance with request for proposal process
All referrals for assistance MUST come through MANP. Please contact Molly O’Connell by email or by calling 207-871-1885 for further information or for a referral.
Pro Bono Tech Assessment
Thanks to the generous support of RoundTable Technology, MANP’s pro bono technology assessment benefit provides our members with an opportunity to gain important insights about this essential element of their infrastructure. The assessment consists of 57 short answer and multiple choice questions focusing on cybersecurity, infrastructure, data, management and communications.
This comprehensive, free technology assessment–a $3,000 value!–includes:
- an introductory conference call with key stakeholders to outline the process;
- a staff survey to gather direct input from end users;
- additional survey to gather a complete picture of infrastructure, data, management, cybersecurity, and digital communications;
- a written summary of conclusions and recommendations; and
- a conference call with key stakeholders to review the report and answer questions.
Nonprofit Risk Management Center Technical Assistance
We are proud to be an affiliate member of NRMC (Nonprofit Risk Management Center). The Affiliates Program offers practical risk management resources to our members including unlimited answers to risk management questions through its Risk Help™ program.
Cost: Free for MANP members; unavailable to nonmembers
For access, please contact Molly O’Connell.
ThinkHR Workplace provides expert, practical human resource guidance to help you avoid costly risk and liability and save time. A subscription to ThinkHR offers MANP members the help they need to navigate the complexities of HR compliance and workforce management. Benefits include:
- ThinkHR Live – A team of HR experts standing by to answer your calls by phone or email every day. Guaranteed resolution of your question within 24 hours.
- ThinkHR Learn – Training solutions that ensure compliance
- ThinkHR Comply – An award-winning resource center for all of your compliance issues.
Subscribers will have access to compensation tools, job description builders and a robust Q&A database of commonly asked HR questions.
- Members of Unemployment Services Trust (UST) receive the entire Think HR Workplace service at no additional cost!
- MANP members that are not members of UST can still receive the entire UST HR Workplace for $75 per month.