We are so proud to announce…
…our 12 exhibitors for our annual Nonprofit Day at the State House!
We had the difficult task of selecting a slate of organizations that demonstrate the diversity of the sector through a broad range of sizes, missions and geographic service areas. And we had so many great applicants! This was not an easy task. There is some seriously great work going on in Maine. We wish we could fit everyone into the State House!
Now, without further ado, here are the 12 exhibitors that will be joining us in the Hall of Flags on January 14, 2016:
- Alzheimers Association, Maine Chapter – Scarborough, ME
- Camp To Belong Maine – Auburn, ME
- Cole Land Transportation Museum – Bangor, ME
- Crisis and Counseling Centers – Augusta, ME
- Diversion Alert – Linneus, ME
- Girls on the Run – Portland, ME
- Kennebec Valley Community Action Program – Waterville, ME
- Maine Rural Partners – Farmington, ME
- Marine and Environmental Research Institute – Blue Hill, ME
- Midcoast Hunger Prevention Program – Brunswick, ME
- Milestone Foundation – Portland, ME
- Rural Community Action Ministry– Leeds, ME
Even if you aren’t exhibiting, there are still ways to participate during Nonprofit Day and strengthen your advocacy skills. Our Raise Your Voice Toolkit is the ultimate resource for nonprofit staff and volunteers engaged in advocacy and lobbying. On January 7th, we’ll be hosting a can’t-miss webinar for the upcoming session. Legislative Testimony: How To Make It Compelling And Effective will teach the basic rules of lobbying; how to track legislation and determine when to provide input; and how to identify times and circumstances that are points for influence.
Keep checking back! We’ll be releasing sample press releases, op-ed tips, sample posts & tweets, and some new infographics that you use to help spread awareness of the vitality and importance of Maine’s nonprofit sector!