Seeking Member Projects for Our Annual Staff Volunteer Day!
We’re planning our annual Staff Volunteer Day and we’re looking for a member project! Would you like to put our 8 staff to work on August 15th?
Projects can be outside or inside, and can be clean-up tasks, building/painting projects, or something totally unexpected, as long as it can be accomplished in a day. Ideally, you’re within a two-hour drive of greater Portland – while we love all of Maine, we can’t spend all day getting to you, or we won’t have any time to help out!
In the past, we’ve:
- Done trail maintenance with Lakes Environmental Association
- Helped on a Habitat for Humanity/7 Rivers building site
- Thinned carrots with Veggies for All, a project of Maine Farmland Trust
- Painted a lot of rooms at one of Day One’sfacilities and at the Franco American Heritage Center
- Planted gardens with Mary’s Health System’s Lots to Gardens program, Cultivating Community and Medical Care Development
- Restored a garden with Goodwill Industries of Northern New England
- Spiffed up a playground for the Children’s Center in Augusta
What we love:
- To meet and connect with your staff, your board and the people you serve – that’s the best part.
- To have a good time – we do work hard, too: promise!
- To be fed lunch – nothing fancy, but we do love food.
MANP members are encouraged to submit a project idea by June 22. The lucky organization will be informed by the end of June. We’re looking forward to working with you!