Seeking Member Projects for Our Annual Staff Volunteer Day!
We’re planning our annual Staff Volunteer Day and we’re looking for a member project! Would you like to put our eight staff to work on August 1st?
Projects can be outside or inside, and can be clean-up tasks, building/painting projects, or something totally unexpected, as long as it can be accomplished in a day. Ideally, you’re within a two-hour drive of greater Portland – while we love all of Maine, we can’t spend all day getting to you, or we won’t have any time to help out!
In the past, we’ve:
- Built a sign for a disc golf course and cleaned trails for Heart of Biddeford
- Done trail maintenance with Lakes Environmental Association
- Helped on a Habitat for Humanity/7 Rivers building site
- Thinned carrots with Veggies for All, a project of Maine Farmland Trust
- Painted a lot of rooms at one of Day One’s facilities and at the Franco American Heritage Center
- Planted gardens with Mary’s Health System’s Lots to Gardens program, Cultivating Community and Medical Care Development
- Restored a garden with Goodwill Industries of Northern New England
- Spiffed up a playground for the Children’s Center in Augusta
What we love:
- To meet and connect with your staff, your board and the people you serve – that’s the best part.
- To have a good time – we do work hard, too: promise!
- To be fed lunch – nothing fancy, but we do love food.
MANP members are encouraged to submit a project idea by June 21. The lucky organization will be informed by the beginning of July. We’re looking forward to working with you!
Questions? Please contact Katie Manter, Membership Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (207) 871-1885.