Resolve to Learn, Lead + Be Loud in 2020
As Maine kicks off its bicentennial year, we are feeling grateful for all of the amazing people in our state who work and volunteer to power the common good. Maine nonprofits are truly vital to our state’s economy and quality of life.
- Our membership grew to 1,150 strong;
- We served 2,100+ nonprofit staff and volunteers with programs across the state, including in Presque Isle, Machias, Bangor, Waterville, Dover-Foxcroft, Kennebunk, Bar Harbor, Portland and more;
- We increased scholarship awards by almost 40%!
But, we’re not hanging up our boots at 25! We’re even more excited about what we have in store for 2020 to help nonprofit staff and volunteers learn, lead and be loud about their impact!
Build Your Leadership
- MANP’s Leadership Institute for Executive Directors (June 9-12 in Unity) – applications will open later in January and be due by mid-March.
- Emerging Leaders (Applications open late Jan-May, program takes place Sept-Dec) – we’ll be hosting an Info Night in February. Stay tuned!
- Take advantage of winter webinars on leadership for board chairs, coaching skills, and strategic planning – perfect for when there are snowy roads.
Learn + Grow Professionally
- In partnership with Maine Philanthropy Center we’re hosting a new workshop for grantwriters (April 8th in Portland – registration will open soon)
- Opt In, our Nonprofit Communications Conference, is headed to Bangor (save the date for September 30th, 2020)
- Charting Change, our Nonprofit Finance Conference (save the date for November 18th, 2020, Portland)
- The 2020 Survey of Nonprofit Wages & Benefits will take place in late Spring – be sure to participate for a free copy of the report (fall release)
Be Loud! Showcase Your Work + Worth
- MANP’s 17th annual Maine Nonprofit Day on February 11th.
- It’s an election year and nonprofits play an important role in getting out the vote! Know you can rely on MANP for guidance on how to be a champion for civic engagement without overstepping legal boundaries. Keep your eye on our blog and newsletters throughout the year.