Out of the Office
MANP members, on August 10th, we’re getting out of the office for our annual Volunteer Day! Could you use our services? Our staff will come do a project with you!
Projects can be outside or inside, and can be clean-up tasks, building/painting projects, or something totally unexpected, as long as it can be accomplished in a day. Ideally, you’re within a two-hour drive of greater Portland – while we love all of Maine, we can’t spend all day getting to you, or we won’t have any time to help out!
In the past, we’ve:
- Thinned carrots with Veggies for All, a project of Maine Farmland Trust
- Painted a lot of rooms at one of Day One’sfacilities and at the Franco American Heritage Center
- Planted gardens with Mary’s Health System’s Lots to Gardens program, Cultivating Community and Medical Care Development
- Restored a garden with Goodwill Industries of Northern New England
- Spiffed up a playground for the Children’s Center in Augusta
And while we are no experts, we do more than paint and plant, so think creatively!
What we love:
- To meet and connect with your staff, your board and the people you serve – that’s the best part.
- To have a good time – we do work hard, promise!
- To be fed lunch – nothing fancy, but we do love food.
Proposals should include:
- Information about your organization including contact information for a member of your staff and project location
- Your organization’s mission
- A description of the job to be completed by MANP staff
MANP members are encouraged to submit projects to Debbie Atwood by June 16th. The lucky organization will be informed by late June.
Thanks. We’re looking forward to working with you!