New Member Benefit: Executive Search Services
In a recent survey almost half of our members reported they anticipate a leadership change in the next five years. Other estimates are even higher. MANP’s Mission Driven “Leadershift” Initiative is designed to support our members in meeting the challenges and seizing the opportunities posed by executive transition so they can safeguard the crucial work of their organizations beyond any single leader.
As part of this initiative, MANP is pleased to announce executive search services as our newest member benefit. Hiring an executive director is one of the top responsibilities of a Board of Directors and expert, objective guidance can be invaluable. In recognition of the significant investment organizations can make hiring consultant support to manage an executive search, MANP conducted a thorough process to identify partners our members can rely on to offer:
- extensive experience providing executive search and leadership transitions guidance specifically to Maine nonprofits;
- a deep commitment to, and understanding of, Maine’s unique nonprofit sector;
- values of genuine partnership with their clients and MANP; and
- exclusive, competitive MANP member pricing and excellent value.
We encourage MANP members anticipating an executive transition to contact our partners, Starboard Leadership Group and The Smart Group Executive Search to discuss how they can offer support customized to your organization’s needs. Typical search support includes:
- Assessment of the organization’s strengths, challenges and strategic leadership needs.
- Support to develop a clear and compelling guiding documents such as a position profile, job description, job ad, and compensation package.
- Design and implementation of an effect search process, including proactive candidate sourcing, that results in a strong candidate pool aligned with organizational needs.
- Candidate screening and support to the board in selecting a candidate.