MANP Staff Volunteer Day - We're Looking for a Project
The MANP staff will headed out of the office on Monday, June 18th for our 7th Annual Staff Volunteer Day, and we are looking for a project.
Because we support and value the work you do as part of Maine’s nonprofit community, this is our way of saying thank you for all you do.
Here are the details:
The MANP staff is available to volunteer for a MANP member organization on Monday, June 18th from 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM. Our staff of eight will come to your organization and volunteer for the day to assist you with your proposed project. Projects can be outside or inside, and might include painting your office space, building a fence, yard/garden work, or something totally unexpected that can be accomplished in a day. We will provide our own transportation to and from your location and welcome proposals from nonprofit members throughout the state.
In the past, we’ve enjoyed the following projects:
- Painted a lot of rooms at one of Day One‘s facilities and at the Franco American Heritage Center
- Planted gardens with St. Mary’s Health System‘s Lot’s to Gardens program
- Restored a garden with Goodwill Industries of Northern New England
- Spiffed up a playground for the Children’s Center in Augusta
Proposals should include:
- Information about your organization including contact information for a member of your staff (phone number and email address) and project location
- Your organization’s mission
- A description of the job to be completed by MANP staff
MANP members are encouraged to submit projects to Jessica Lantos by May 18th. The lucky organization will be informed by the end of May.