Maine Elections Commission To Hold Public Hearings
We just received this announcement from the Secretary of State’s Office. Please consider attending one of these public hearings if you would like to express your thoughts about Maine’s current election procedures. The Commission would benefit from hearing about what works well and what doesn’t for your constituents.
Elections Commission Public Hearing Schedule
The Commission to Study the Conduct of Elections in Maine will be holding public hearings throughout the state in order to gather information on the current practices for voting.
Commission Members are very interested in hearing how Mainers view the State’s voting process and what their concerns are, as well as what they feel may need to be changed or modified. The public hearings will be an opportunity for voters to address the Commission and express their views.
Feel free to pass this information on to anyone you believe would be interested in attending; the hearings are open to the public and people are free to come and participate or just listen.
Please note that, depending on the size of the crowd, a time limit for comments may be imposed in order to accommodate all speakers. Additionally, this is not a forum for voters to ask questions; it will be an occasion for people to offer information to the Commission that may be used in their report to the Legislature.
The following is a list of the public hearings that have been planned by the Commission to Study the Conduct of Elections in Maine. The majority of the hearings have been confirmed; however, I will be sure to contact you as soon as the locations that are noted as TBD are set.
“Commission to Study the Conduct of Elections in Maine” – Public Hearing Schedule
- Augusta – 8/23 at 5:30pm at UMA in the Richard J. Randall Student Ctr., Rm. 138
- Portland – 8/30 at 5:30pm at the Portland Public Library in the Rines Auditorium (Lower Level)
- Bangor – 9/13 @ 5:30pm at Bangor City Hall in the Manager’s Office
- Farmington – 9/27 at 5:45pm at UMF in Dining Hall C
- Lewiston – 10/4 @ 5:30pm at Lewiston High School
- Wells – 10/25 @ 5:30pm at York County Community College (YCCC) in the Mid-Cafe
- Presque Isle – TBD in November
- Machias – TBD in November
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
- Melissa M. Couture, Director of Constituent Services
Office of the Secretary of State
(207) 626-8409 – Office
(207) 462-1174 – Cell