Looking for a way to give back? We have some great options for you!
This June 9th, the MANP staff will be getting out of the office for our 11th Annual MANP Staff Volunteer Day. We’ll spend the day on a building project with Habitat for Humanity/7 Rivers Maine, helping build a home for a family who needs it. We’ll post an update with pictures after our adventures in home-building!
If you’re excited to get out of your office, and want to give back to the community, there are LOTS of great MANP Member-organizations out there looking for help. Several worthy organizations submitted proposals for our Volunteer Day, and we are disappointed that we can’t volunteer for all of them! But YOU can help. Below is a list of organizations looking for teams to help in the near future, including their website and how to reach out if you want to volunteer.
- Bath Housing – Bath. Shrub clearing, painting, spring cleaning and more. For more info or to sign up email Amy.
- Camp Susan Curtis – Stoneham. This camp for economically disadvantaged girls and boys has a variety of options for helping out – visiting artists can share their skills with campers, there are event and office-based options, and others! Volunteer by visiting here.
- C. Bates Museum at Good Will Hinckley – Hinckley. Assemble craft supplies for children, sort and archive documents, and other museum projects. Email Deborah to help.
- Maine Women’s Policy Center – Augusta. Help freshen up the office with a new coat of paint! Email Eliza to get started.
- Maine Organic Farmers & Gardeners Association (MOFGA) – Unity. Prepare the Common Ground Country Fairgrounds for the fair. Email Anna for more information.
- Spurwink – Across Maine. Many potential volunteer experiences throughout Maine within Spurwink schools, residential facilities, day treatment centers and more, along with our different populations. Painting, gardening, cooking, sports, and more. Email Abby to get involved.
Staff volunteer days are a great way to give back and team-build at your organization; MANP staff participate in one every year, including our 2015 day (literally) in the field.
Thank you for pitching in to help Maine’s nonprofits thrive!