Grant Opportunity For Bangor Area Nonprofits Serving Youth or Seniors
Here’s an opportunity to engage your constituency in a local arts initiative and get funding to support your programming at the same time. In the spring of 2013 the Rotary Club of Bangor will sponsor Music Off Broadway, an annual fundraiser to support local 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations benefiting youth (age 0-18) or seniors (age 65+) in greater Bangor-Brewer. Applications for these grants are being accepted through 5:00 p.m. on September 12, 2012, and grants will be awarded in early June 2013. Funds may not be used for programs taking place prior to June 18, 2013. Preference will go to programs that build leadership skills, promote community service and/or engage volunteers.
Nonprofits may resubmit applications that were not funded by the Rotary Club of Bangor in previous years. Nonprofits that received a grant from the Rotary Club of Bangor in 2012 are not eligible to apply for a grant this time and must wait one year before applying for another grant.
Grant recipients will be expected to publicize Music Off Broadway and promote ticket sales, and will work with the Rotary Publicity Co-Chair to maximize the funds raised that can be used to support the the selected organizations. Organizations selected to receive funding will be required to file a brief written report describing how the grant was used and will be asked to make a presentation to the Rotary Club.
Eligibility and submission requirements:
- Nonprofit programs in greater Bangor/Brewer benefiting youth up to and including high school; or seniors age 65+.
- A brief summary of your project (not to exceed one page) outlining its purpose, expected results, total project budget, and the amount you are requesting from the Rotary Club of Bangor. Incomplete applications or those exceeding one page will not be considered.
- Current IRS determination letter indicating 501(c)(3) status or 501(c)(3) tax ID number.
- Non-profit organizations must have policies stating that they do not discriminate on the basis of race, disability, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or national origin. Copies of the policy need not be included with application but must be available upon request.
- Do NOT include a cover letter, brochures, annual reports, financial statements, photos, publicity, other attachments or enclosures beyond the one page narrative. If additional information is needed it will be requested.
- Electronic submissions are preferred. Email a one page narrative in Word format, to Bev Uhlenhake: firstname.lastname@example.org. The email should include your contact information, including name, address and phone number. Paper submissions for those who cannot email applications should be sent to Bev at Epstein Commercial Real Estate, PO Box 2444, Bangor, Maine 04402, by Wednesday, September 12, 2012.