Getting to Know You
We hear regularly from staff and volunteers at our member organizations that you’d like more time to network and socialize with each other. Okay! We’re happy to help with those connections, which we enjoy as well.
Plan to join us for light refreshments and the opportunity to meet your fellow MANP members at one or more of these member events this summer. Please feel free to bring a friend or family member.
- Host: Riding to the Top, helping people with disabilities reach their highest potential through the healing power of horses.
- Where: Windham
- When: Wednesday, June 28, 5:00pm – 7:00pm (Please, NO dogs)
- What: Enjoy a tour of the farm (wear practical shoes!) and a demonstration by Riding to the Top riders. There may be time in the grooming area with the horses.
- RSVP: For more information or to RSVP, contact Debbie Atwood by Friday, June 23rd.
- Host: Literacy Volunteers of Greater Augusta, helping adults learn to read better for over 40 years.
- Host: Gardiner MainStreet, created “to foster our downtown’s economic and cultural vitality through concentrated efforts of design, organization, promotion and economic revitalization, while protecting the city’s unique historic character.”
- Where: Starts at Gardiner Public Library, 152 Water Street
- When: Friday, July 28, 2017 3:00pm-5:00pm – bring the family!
- What: We’ll begin with a fascinating StoryWalk in downtown Gardiner to celebrate reading. Starting at the Gardiner Public Library, we follow Water Street to find the pages of this book in local business storefronts. We’ll gather after our walk for social time and light refreshments at the office of Gardiner Main Street, 177 Water Street. If you’re so inclined, you can stay for the Johnson Hall free Waterfront Concert at 6:00pm.
- RSVP: For more information or to RSVP, contact Debbie Atwood by Tuesday, July 25th.
- Host: Cathance River Preserve & Ecology Center, dedicated to using the resources of the Cathance River Preserve to educate students, educators, and the public.
- Where: Topsham
- When: Wednesday, August 9, 4:00pm – 5:30pm, friends and family welcome
- What: Enjoy the great outdoors with a guided walk with the Executive Director. Wear a hat and your hiking shoes.
- RSVP: For more information or to RSVP, contact Debbie Atwood by Monday, August 7th.