Apply Today for Free Customized Organizational Support
Are you wondering how your nonprofit can best meet its mission in the face of the continued economic downturn? Does your organization contract with or have a provider agreement with the Maine Department of Health and Human Services? Is your budget between $500K & $6 million (note expanded upper limit)? If so, apply today for a slot in our upcoming Viability Session funded by the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act of 2009.
The session includes a self-assessment, a day and a half workshop on October 27th & 28th in Augusta with an optional six-hours of consulting per selected organization. All of this at no cost to selected organizations.
Participants will walk away from the session with:
- In depth fiscal and programmatic viability analyses
- Greater clarity about their programmatic futures
- Concrete plans for coping with immediate economic challenges
- Options for pursuing collaboration, merger or alliance as means to sustaining mission and increasing intended impacts
- Clear steps for implementation
- Targeted consulting assistance
The program consists of three components:
- 1. An introspective self assessment that engages both board and staff in answering three questions: Are we operating from a position of relative strength or weakness? What kind of financial flexibility do we have? And what are our options for adapting, strengthening and managing in today’s challenging times, particularly our options for collaboration, strategic alliance and merger?
- 2. A 1 ½ day session, being offered October 27th & 28th in Augusta, which is designed to lead executive directors and board leaders sequentially from analysis to action planning. Each session strikes a balance between large group and individual engagement and between providing information and engaging participants in analysis or planning. Consultants will play a facilitative and guiding role throughout, particularly during periods of individual engagement, and will be partnered with organizations that match their areas of expertise and experience.
- 3. Following the session, participants can request up to six hours of complimentary consulting to assist with implementation.
The application deadline is Friday, August 27th, COB. Selection for the ten slots will be made on September 1st, by a selection committee made up of members of the Viability Collaborative including MANP, the Institute for Civic Leadership, and Common Good Ventures, based on the strength of the application.