4th Annual Nonprofit Leadership Conference, April 11, 2012
Maine Association of Nonprofits (MANP) and Colby College invite you to the 4th annual Nonprofit Leadership Conference: Social Power: The Emergence of Social Media as a Force for Social Change.
The conference will take place at Colby College on April 11, 2012. This year’s event will feature a keynote address by Dr. Paul C. Light, Paulette Goddard Professor of Public Service at the Robert Wagner School of Public Service at New York University. Dr. Light has written extensively on nonprofit effectiveness, government reform, and organizational change including Driving Social Change: How to Solve the World’s Toughest Problems. In his keynote address Dr. Light will help the audience understand the relationship between social media and collaboration for social change, the effects of social entrepreneurship and how these lead to stronger social organizations and networks. The keynote address will be followed by a series of workshops focusing on strategies, techniques, and success stories shaping social change today. The Conference will conclude with a dinner featuring the Maine Philanthropist of the Year Awards. Please join us!
Conference at a Glance
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM ~ Registration
12:00 PM – 2:00 PM ~ Luncheon and Keynote
- Dr. Paul C. Light, Paulette Goddard Professor of Public Service
2:15 PM – 3:30 PM ~ Concurrent Workshops
- Workshop I: Effective Integration of Social Media into your Organization
- Workshop II: Using Social Media to Cross Boundaries: Building Capacity between Educational, Governmental, and Non-Profit Organizations
- Workshop III: Social Impact Through Social Media
3:45 PM – 4:45PM ~ Concurrent Workshops
- Workshop IV: Social Power in a Changing Rural Maine
- Workshop V: Career Panel featuring Nonprofit Leaders for Colby Students
- Workshop VI: Using Social Media Tools (Hands-On Session)
4:45 PM – 5:45 PM ~ Reception
6:00 PM – 8:00 PM ~ Dinner and Maine Philanthropist of the Year Awards
- This year’s Maine Philanthropist of the Year is Neil Rolde, Author and Maine Historian whose philanthropic and volunteer service has enriched Maine. He is a former legislator, served on many governmental committees, and has served as Trustee for numerous nonprofit organizations.
Please plan to attend on April 11!
- Entire Conference – $95 Members/$140 Non-Members
- Lunch/Keynote and Afternoon Workshops – $65 Members/$100 Non-Members
- Reception/Dinner and Awards Program – $50 Members/$75 Non-Members
A full conference brochure will be available on February 24th with registration opening on MANP’s website on February 15th.