2014 Survey of Nonprofit Wages + Benefits Now Open
Nonprofits rely on research to set appropriate pay and benefits for new staff and hires and to justify organization compensation levels to their boards, the IRS and the general public.
Right now, we are working in partnership with the New Hampshire Center for Nonprofits, Common Good Vermont, and the New Hampshire Survey Center to conduct our bi-annual survey of nonprofit wages and benefits. The deadline has been extended until June 20th and all Maine nonprofits are encouraged to participate.
The final report, which will include both Maine-specific data and regional comparisons, will be published in the Fall of 2014.
Why Your Organization Should Participate
The more organizations that participate, the more relevant and statistically significant data Maine nonprofits will have to inform their compensation policies. We know nonprofit staff and volunteers are busy people, so we want to reward your participation:
- Member organizations that participate will receive the final report for free.
- Non-member organizations that participate will receive a 50% discount, a $125 value.
Organizations can join MANP at any time before the report is published and will receive the discount. To check your member status visit our Member Directory at www.NonprofitMaine.org/MemberDirectory. Visit us at www.NonprofitMaine.org/Join to learn more about becoming a member.
How to Participate
All nonprofits in Maine are invited to participate. Only one person per organization should complete the survey, so the first step is to identify that person (usually the Executive Director, HR Director, or in cases of very small nonprofits, a Board member.)
That person should then:
- Review the FAQs: www.NonprofitMaine.org/CompensationSurveyFAQ
- Review the survey instructions and complete the preparation checklist: www.NonprofitMaine.org/CompensationSurveyInstructions
- Find the email in which your organization was first invited to participate and use that link to access the survey. (The email would have been sent to the person MANP has listed as the primary contact for your organization.) Using that particular link helps the New Hampshire Survey Center, which is administering the survey, know if your organization has completed it and send appropriate reminders. (Note that contact information is kept separately from sensitive data.) If the original email cannot be found the survey can be accessed at www.NonprofitMaine.org/CompensationReport.
- Complete the survey by June 20th, 2014.
Organization-specific data will be analyzed by the University of New Hampshire Survey Center and will not be shown to anyone, including the sponsoring State Associations. Furthermore, when fewer than four responses are received in a category, the information will not be reported for that category so as to protect the confidentiality of responses.
Thank you to the sponsors of this year’s survey.