Registered Agents

Incorporated nonprofits must have a registered agent who is the contact for the organization with the Secretary of State’s office for reminders (electronic) to file your annual report or other questions from the Secretary of State’s office. Some organizations hire a lawyer or other individual to do this, but most choose the board president or other committed individual. If you do hire someone, that person would be a “commercial registered agent”. This link can help you find a commercial registered agent, if your organization chooses that approach.