January 16, 2018
Celebrating its 15th year in 2018, Nonprofit Day:
- increases policymaker awareness of nonprofits and their vital contributions to Maine’s economy and way of life;
- strengthens relationships between nonprofit leaders and public officials;
- and encourages nonprofit leaders to participate fully in the formation of public policy that impacts the communities they serve.
All nonprofits can get involved in this day of action! MANP will be offering training + tools to help Maine nonprofits use our powerful collective voice to raise awareness for the essential contributions nonprofits make to Maine’s economy and quality of life.
As we get closer to Nonprofit Day, check back for:
- social media graphics,
- templates for letters-to-the-editor,
- scripts for calling and emailing your legislators,
- and more!
Each year, twelve MANP members exhibit with us in the Hall of Flags to highlight the diversity and richness of Maine’s nonprofit sector.
Space in the Hall of Flags is very limited, and we select a slate of member organizations that demonstrate the diversity of the sector in terms of size, mission, and geographic service area. We are pleased to announce that the 2018 slate is:
- Animal Refuge League of Greater Portland
- Coastal Enterprises, Inc. (CEI)
- Disability Rights Maine
- Eastern Trail Alliance
- Embrace A Vet
- Families First Community Center
- First Amendment Museum at the Gannett House
- Maine Immigrant and Refugee Services
- Maine Immigrants’ Rights Coalition
- Maine Land Trust Network
- Pine Tree Society
- Portland Stage
Thank you to our 2018 Nonprofit Day sponsor:
Past Nonprofit Days
Our first Nonprofit Day at the State House was held in 2004 and we’ve been back every year since. Check out previous Nonprofit Days and see how we’ve built the confidence of hundreds of nonprofits to participate in the public policy process. Browse photos, event schedules, and exhibitor lists from past Nonprofit Days.