Maine Nonprofit Day
Nonprofit Day is all about showcasing your missions!
MANP’s 17th Annual Nonprofit Day was held on February 11, 2020. Organizations like yours raised awareness about the importance of Maine’s nonprofit sector and how #NonprofitsWorkforME!
Nonprofit Day 2020 in the News!
- [Pine Tree] Hospice Takes Part in Maine Nonprofit Day, February 17, 2020
- Nonprofits Gather at the Capitol to Stress Importance of Industry to Lawmakers, February 11, 2020
Every day, Mainers rely on nonprofits to nurture our minds, protect our environment, inform our government, educate our children, and drive our economy – all while investing significant financial and human resources into our state.
Hall of Flags Exhibition
Each year on Nonprofit Day, we showcase the diversity of the nonprofit sector in the Hall of Flags. Twelve exhibitors are selected from applications received based on a variety of factors, including geography, mission, size, and membership history. Stay tuned later in 2020 to apply for Nonprofit Day 2021!
2020 Nonprofit Day Exhibitors:
Auburn Public Library
The Ecology School
In Her Presence
The Jackson Laboratory
Pine Tree Hospice
Sexual Assault & Crisis Support Center
Advocacy Tools YOU Can Use Year Round!
- View the 2020 Nonprofit Day Webinar with Sen. Shenna Bellows to learn how you can work with your legislators to advocate for your mission on Nonprofit Day and beyond!
- Download MANP’s “Adding Up Impact” report and the free “Frames That Work” messaging toolkit with tips, talking points, templates and graphics nonprofits to use year-round.
- Identify your legislators and use these sample scripts to reach out to introduce yourself and your organization’s work.
- Post to social media using these Nonprofit Day Social Media Tips and our sample social media graphics below (click to open the file and download) or use your own!
- Contact MANP’s Advocacy Director, Sarah Woodard, if you have questions about how your organization can engage in advocacy.
Together we can:
- increase policymaker awareness of nonprofits and their vital contributions to Maine’s economy and way of life;
- strengthen relationships between nonprofit leaders and public officials;
- prepare to participate fully in the formation of public policy.
Past Nonprofit Days: Our first Nonprofit Day at the State House was held in 2004 and we’ve been back every year since. Check out previous Nonprofit Days and see how we’ve built the confidence of hundreds of nonprofits to participate in the public policy process. Browse photos, event schedules, and exhibitor lists from past Nonprofit Days.