Maine Nonprofit Day
Every day, Mainers rely on nonprofits to nurture our minds, protect our environment, inform our government, educate our children, and drive our economy–all while investing significant financial and human resources throughout the state.
Since 2004, MANP has held a Maine Nonprofit Day to showcase the work and worth of nonprofits and their vital contributions to Maine’s economy and quality of life. Maine Nonprofit Day is a day to collectively raise awareness for how #NonprofitsWorkforME. Together we can:
- increase policymaker awareness of nonprofits and their vital contributions to Maine’s economy and way of life;
- strengthen relationships between nonprofit leaders and public officials;
- prepare to participate fully in the formation of public policy that impacts the communities they serve
The Future of Nonprofit Day
Traditionally, MANP’s Nonprofit Day has included an event in the Maine State House Hall of Flags, with nonprofit exhibitors showcasing the diversity of Maine’s nonprofit sector. You can expect to hear from us with a plan for 2023.
Advocacy Tools to Use Year-Round
- View a recorded webinar with Sen. Shenna Bellows to learn how you can work with your legislators to advocate for your mission. (Recorded in advance of Nonprofit Day 2020, but much of the content is evergreen.)
- Download MANP’s “Adding Up Impact” report and the free “Frames That Work” messaging toolkit with tips, talking points, templates and graphics for nonprofits.
- Identify your legislators and use these sample scripts to reach out to introduce yourself and your organization’s work.
- Contact MANP’s Public Affairs Manager, Mary Alice Scott, if you have questions about how your organization can engage in advocacy.
Past Nonprofit Days
Our first Nonprofit Day at the State House was held in 2004 and we’ve been back every year since. Check out previous Nonprofit Days and see how we’ve built the confidence of hundreds of nonprofits to participate in the public policy process. Browse photos, event schedules, and exhibitor lists from past Nonprofit Days.