Maine Nonprofit Day 2020
Showcase Your Mission on Nonprofit Day!
MANP’s 17th Annual Nonprofit Day on February 11, 2020 helps organizations like yours raise awareness about the importance of Maine’s nonprofit sector and how #NonprofitsWorkforME. Each year, MANP selects 12 members to join us in the Hall of Flags for a collective day of action to showcase the diversity and impact of the nonprofit sector.
Every day, Mainers rely on nonprofits to nurture our minds, protect our environment, inform our government, educate our children, and drive our economy – all while investing significant financial and human resources into our state.
Together we can:
- increase policymaker awareness of nonprofits and their vital contributions to Maine’s economy and way of life;
- strengthen relationships between nonprofit leaders and public officials;
- prepare to participate fully in the formation of public policy.
2020 Nonprofit Day Activities
- Hall of Flags Exhibition
- Get Social – Celebrate from anywhere with social media graphics & other templates you can use to spread the word about nonprofit impact. See below!
- Celebrate, connect, and unwind at our MANP Mixer at The Liberal Cup in Hallowell on Tuesday, Feb. 11th from 4pm-6pm. RSVP here.
Hall of Flags Exhibition
Each year on Nonprofit Day, we showcase the diversity of the nonprofit sector in the Hall of Flags. Exhibitors are selected from applications received based on a variety of factors, including geography, mission, size, and membership history.
2020 Nonprofit Day Exhibitors:
Auburn Public Library
The Ecology School
In Her Presence
The Jackson Laboratory
Pine Tree Hospice
Sexual Assault & Crisis Support Center
Space limitations prevent us from including more than 12 exhibitors. Thank you to all the incredible organizations that applied. Please try again next year!
Advocacy Tools YOU Can Use
- View our latest “Spread the News” presentation with Sen. Shenna Bellows to learn how you can work with your legislators to advocate for your mission on Nonprofit Day and beyond! (Available January 23rd.)
- Download MANP’s “Adding Up Impact” report and the free “Frames That Work” messaging toolkit with tips, talking points, templates and graphics nonprofits to use year-round.
- Please use our sample social media graphics below (click to open the file and download) or use your own!
- Contact MANP’s Advocacy Director, Sarah Woodard, if you have questions how your organization can engage in advocacy
Past Nonprofit Days: Our first Nonprofit Day at the State House was held in 2004 and we’ve been back every year since. Check out previous Nonprofit Days and see how we’ve built the confidence of hundreds of nonprofits to participate in the public policy process. Browse photos, event schedules, and exhibitor lists from past Nonprofit Days.