Issues + Campaigns
Economic Recovery Committee
In May 2020, Governor Mills established an Economic Recovery Committee to develop specific policy recommendations to stabilize the state’s economy and build a bridge to future prosperity in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. MANP’s Executive Director, Jennifer Hutchins, is honored to be one of 37 members of the committee. The committee’s work is based on the framework of the state’s 10-year Economic Plan.
The Committee’s work is in two parts:
- An initial report by July 15, 2020, for stabilization and support recommendations in response to the current economic emergency. Read the report, which included the recommendation to create a Nonprofit Relief Fund.
- A final report on Dec. 1, 2020, for sustainability and growth recommendations that bridge the COVID-19 response to the State’s 10-year economic development strategy released last year.
The Committee may also continue to meet after delivering its final report if requested by the Governor.
The committee is divided into six sub-committees.
- Hospitality, Tourism, and Retail
- Education and Workforce
- Infrastructure (Transportation, construction, broadband, and banking)
- Innovation (Life sciences, tech, energy, start-up ecosystem)
- Healthcare, nonprofits, childcare & support services (MANP’s Jennifer Hutchins serves on this committee)
- Manufacturing and Natural Resource-Based Industries
Follow the Committee’s Work
All of the committee and sub-committee meetings are public and we encourage nonprofits to follow and engage! Find a schedule of upcoming meetings.