About Our Work
Training + Resources
We provide a variety of training and resources to help nonprofit staff and volunteers to advocate and lobby effectively and legally. Get answers to questions such as:
- What are the legal limits on nonprofit lobbying?
- What kind of reporting is required?
- How can I effectively approach my legislator?
- How do we develop an advocacy strategy?
Our Answer Center
Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, our online resource library provides many free advocacy resources, including excellent resources from MANP, Alliance for Justice, Charitable Lobbying in the Public Interest, the National Council of Nonprofits, Independent Sector, and the Maine Ethics Commission.
- The Raise Your Voice Toolkit is a handbook for nonprofit staff and volunteers engaged in advocacy and lobbying.
- Frames That Work: A Messaging Toolkit for Nonprofits is designed to help Maine nonprofit staff and volunteers understand what messages are effectve in improving public understanding of the key role that nonprofits play in Maine’s economy and quality of life.
Our Training Programs
Webinars, SkillBuilders, and customized trainings are available throughout the year. View our training calendar and webinar library (free to members!) or contact us to arrange for a specialized training for your organization or coalition.