Our Mission + Vision
Our mission is to enrich the quality of community and personal life in Maine by strengthening the leadership, voice, and organizational effectiveness of our state’s nonprofits.
MANP serves as a strong voice for the sector, researching, defending and promoting the sector’s impact in Maine, and empowering our members to do so as well. We develop and deliver training and resources to staff and volunteers of nonprofits across the state so that they can legally and effectively lobby on behalf of issues important to their missions.
MANP strives to create a vibrant community of nonprofits representing different regions, mission areas, and sizes. We connect leaders to one another and help organizations find and develop new talent. We facilitate connections across sectors, and convene nonprofit leaders to discuss critical issues facing the sector.
MANP fosters a skilled, efficient and innovative sector. We provide guidance on management best practices and legal compliance, and offer high-quality trainings, resources and tools that enhance organizational governance and the recruitment, retention and professional development of nonprofit employees. We work to build the capacity of the sector to develop their existing and emerging leaders.
- Promote high standards of ethics and accountability in the sector.
- Focus on the common needs of Maine’s nonprofit organizations.
- Secure recognition of the vital role of nonprofits in our communities.
- Maximize involvement of constituents and friends of the sector at all levels of service delivery.
- Be accessible to constituents through consideration of location, size, economic and mission differences.
- Collaborate and partner to expand resources for Maine’s nonprofits.
- Foster and celebrate the joy and spirit of public and community service.