Conferences + Intensives
This Nonprofit Leadership Institute helps new executive directors who have been on the job for three or fewer years to build management skills and a powerful professional network.
This in-depth program provides new executive directors with dedicated time and space to set goals and develop action plans for professional growth and organizational development.
2015 Leadership Institute Participants
The MANP Leadership Institute has been very educational and also provides a medium for networking with peers. The variety of guest speakers with expertise in each topic area has provided me with specific information that I can put to use immediately. I have already recommended the institute to a few new executive directors!
~Wendy Tardif, The Patrick Dempsey Center for Cancer Hope & Healing
This is a wonderful forum to step back from the nuts and bolts of day-to-day details and re-frame how we look at the bigger picture.
~Kathryn Young, Lincoln County Dental
About the Program
Using the Guiding Principles + Practices for Nonprofit Excellence in Maine as a framework, and real-world examples shared in the group, the program:
- connects participants to tools and resources to help their organizations become more effective and well-run,
- honors the experiences of participants and provides opportunities for peer learning and solution-oriented discussions, and
- creates a powerful network that participants can tap into long after the program ends.
The program takes place over six day-long sessions.
- Provide an overview of the Guiding Principles + Practices for Nonprofit Excellence in Maine with a focus on governance, financial management, fundraising, marketing/communications, and human resources
- Help executive directors set goals and develop action plans for professional growth and organization development
- Build a peer network for mutual learning, support and sharing of real experiences, challenges, and solutions.
Download the full 2016 Program Overview.
The 2016 Leadership Institute has begun. If you are interested in applying for the 2017 Leadership Institute email Learn@NonprofitMaine.org or call our office at 207-871-1885.