Conferences + Intensives
MANP’s Nonprofit Leadership Institute provides executive directors of all experience levels with dedicated time and space to reflect, set goals, and develop action plans to not only strengthen their leadership, but to catalyze cultures of learning and shared leadership within their organizations.
Rooted in leadership development best practices and a commitment to practical application, this three-day intensive program guides nonprofit executive directors to:
- build self and social awareness for stronger staff, board, and community relationships;
- recognize and build on their signature strengths;
- cultivate a personal leadership vision and the capacity to hold a long-term vision of possibility for the organization;
- apply systems thinking tools to understanding and solving challenges;
- develop coaching skills for growing the next generation of leaders;
- enhance team leadership skills for both informal (coalition and community) and formal (board and staff) teams;
- create a learning community of peers; and
- plan for an ongoing learning strategy beyond the Institute.
This program empowers participants to shape and guide adaptable, effective organizations that are respected partners in creating, sustaining, and improving Maine’s quality of life.
If you are currently an executive director who would like to learn more about this program and be notified when we begin accepting applications for the 2019 program, please email Learn@NonprofitMaine.org or call our office at 207-871-1885.
“The most valuable part of the Leadership Institute was the fact that each segment of learning included actual tools that I can use immediately. Sessions went beyond discussion of the theory of leadership and based it on real issues and challenges we are facing in our organizations and allowed us to work through those issues.”
-2017 Leadership Institute alum
Thank you to the 2018 Leadership Institute Class!
Rev. Deborah Blood, The Maine Conference United Church of Christ
Patricia Brigham, Maine Society of CPAs
Jackie Davidson, YWCA Mount Desert Island
Rick Dorian, The Maine Children’s Home for Little Wanderers
Kelley Ellsworth, Hancock County Habitat for Humanity
Isabella Feracci, The Apprenticeshop
Brooke Huber, Friends of the Kotzschmar Organ
Charles Huerth, Augusta Boys & Girls Club
Andi Jackson-Darling, Falmouth Memorial Library
Kelsey H. Johnson, SPACE Gallery
Amarinda Keys, Children’s Discovery Museum
Jenn McAdoo, Furniture Friends
Michael Mitchell, Crisis & Counseling Centers
Jean Murachanian, Ph.D., Portland Conservatory of Music
Betsy Norcross-Plourde, Promise Early Education Center
Thomas Polko, Community Dental
Mary Alice Scott, Portland Buy Local
Kate Tremblay, Vaughan Woods & Historic Homestead
Partners + Sponsors
Thank you to our 2018 sponsors: