2017 Focus on Friendraising: Rallying Supporters in Times of Change
**Registration for this event is now closed**
Feb 3, 2017
Clarion Hotel, Portland
Presenter: Andy Robinson
Early bird rates until Jan 13!
Since the historic Election of 2016, there has been an unprecedented surge in support for nonprofits across the country as communities grapple with the uncertainties of how civic and social landscapes might change. This presents an opportunity for Maine nonprofits to assess how to tap into this wave of civic engagement and build support for their role in strengthening Maine communities.
This Focus on Friendraising event features two sessions that can be combined or taken separately.
- 8:00a-8:45a Registration + Continental Breakfast
- 9:00a-12:00p Morning Session: Why Donors Give: Building the Case for Funding
- 12:00p-1:00p Lunch for Full-Day Attendees
- 12:30p-12:45p Registration for Afternoon-Only Attendees
- 1:00p-4:00p Afternoon Session: Being an Ambassador for Your Organization: Word-of-Mouth Marketing
Morning Session – Why Donors Give: Building the Case for Funding
Why should potential donors support your work? Until you can answer this question clearly, concisely, and persuasively, your fundraising will flounder. In this fast-paced workshop, designed for leadership teams of staff and board, we will help you to outline a compelling case statement that answers the essential questions:
- Why do you exist?
- What are your goals?
- How will you realize those goals?
- What’s your history and track record?
- Who’s involved with your organization?
- How much will it cost to do the work?
Afternoon Session – Being an Ambassador for Your Organization: Word-of-Mouth Marketing
Even in the era of social media, the most effective marketing strategy is word of mouth. Regardless of your role – board, staff or volunteer – you can represent your organization more effectively and encourage positive buzz. Learn how to engage potential supporters, develop compelling messages, and deliver them effectively. We will discuss:
- Listening: The most valuable communications skill
- Shaping your message
- Pitching your organization one on one
- Public speaking without fear (well, with less fear)
Who Should Attend
This is a practical learning opportunity for board members, executive directors and fundraising staff, and is especially geared toward teams from the same organization who want to put learnings to immediate use.
Cost + Registration
- Full Day: Member: $125 / NonMember: $165
- 1/2 Day: Member: $75 / NonMember: $115
Multiple Enrollment Discounts
Build your bench! Team learning leads to the greatest impact. Save on each additional registrant from the same organization: $15 off full-day registrations and $10 off 1/2-day registrations.
Andy Robinson has 34 years of experience working with nonprofits as a fundraiser, facilitator, trainer, and community organizer. He specializes in the needs of organizations working for human rights, social justice, artistic expression, environmental conservation, and community development. Andy’s books include Grassroots Grants and Selling Social Change, How to Raise $500 to $5000 From Almost Anyone, Great Boards for Small Groups, The Board Member’s Easier Than You Think Guide to Nonprofit Finances, and Train Your Board (and Everyone Else) to Raise Money.
Thank You to Our Sponsor