Mission-Driven Leadershift: Voices from the Field
In recognition of the leadership changes many of our members are facing–not to mention our own executive transition (bye, Scott!, hello, Jennifer!)–we launched our Mission Driven Leadershift initiative at the beginning of 2016.
As part of this project we invited guest bloggers to share their thoughts and they delivered wise words and guidance you won’t want to miss. Here’s the full list:
- Ready for Change?, Hez Norton, Third Sector New England
- Balancing LeaderShift Risk and Reward, Melanie Herman, Nonprofit Risk Management Center
- Seven Tips for a Smooth Transition from a Recently-Retired CEO, Meredith Jones, Retired CEO of Maine Community Foundation
- Internal Executive Succession: Demystifying the Potential for Organizational Gains and Disasters, Thomas Adams, Raffa
- Are CEO Transition Myths Holding Back Your Nonprofit?, Wendy J. Wolf, Maine Health Access Foundation
- Maine Leaders Reflect on Executive Transitions + Leadership Capacity, Molly O’Connell, MANP
- Succession: Lessons Learned on the Other Side…So Far, Laurie Wolf, Foraker Group
- Surviving and Thriving in Times of Transition, Tony Cipollone, John T. Gorman Foundation
- A Tale from the Trenches: Lessons Learned in MANP’s Leadership Transition, Scott Schnapp
- Interim or No Interim?, Cathy Kidman
- Executive Transition: The Role of Board Diversity, Youth, and Zombies, Stephanie Cotsirilos
- Lonely at the Top, Alan Cantor
- Start Your CEO Succession Planning with an Easy Conversation, Jeff Wahlstrom, Starboard Leadership
- Why Succession Planning Doesn’t Mean You’re Giving Up, Shana Natelson, Speak About It, Inc.
Our Mission Driven Leadershift initiative is about more than the transition of executive directors. It is intended to inspire nonprofits to think more holistically about sustainability, and take proactive steps that will prepare their organizations to navigate change.
In 2017 we’ll continue and expand the ways we support our members in managing executive transition, but will also be dedicating space on our blog for the topic of board leadership succession. We look forward to bringing you a range of voices and perspectives; if you’re interested in writing a piece on this topic, please reach out!