Nonprofit Day at the State House
2017 Nonprofit Day – February 7, 2017
Part of Nonprofit Week
Each year, twelve MANP members exhibit with us in the Hall of Flags to highlight the diversity and richness of Maine’s nonprofit sector. This year was a great success and featured the release of our new Adding Up Impact report!
- increases policymaker awareness of nonprofits and their vital contributions to Maine’s economy and way of life;
- strengthens relationships between nonprofit leaders and public officials;
- and encourages nonprofit leaders to participate fully in the formation of public policy that impacts the communities they serve.
We were very pleased that the following members joined us at the State House this year.
- Advocates for Children – Lewiston
- Adaptive Outdoor Education Center – Carrabassett
- American Red Cross – Statewide
- Androscoggin Homecare and Hospice – Lewiston
- Information Technology Exchange – Belfast
- KidsFirst Center – Portland
- Literacy Volunteers of Greater Augusta – Augusta
- Maine Indoor Air Quality Council – Augusta
- Maine Jewish Film Festival – Portland
- Multilingual & Multicultural Center – Portland
- Penquis CAP – Bangor
- Silent Sidekicks – Lincoln
Space in the Hall of Flags is very limited and we had a difficult task of selecting a slate of organizations that demonstrate the diversity of the sector through a broad range of sizes, missions and geographic service areas from the large number of great nonprofits that applied.
Our Nonprofit Week webpage includes all the week’s events, as well as tips, tools, and graphics to raise awareness of nonprofit contributions in Maine.
See our photo album from the inspiring day!
Thank you to our 2017 Nonprofit Day sponsor:
Past Nonprofit Days
Our first Nonprofit Day at the State House was held in 2004 and we’ve been back every year since. Check out previous Nonprofit Days and see how we’ve built the confidence of hundreds of nonprofits to participate in the public policy process.Browse photos, event schedules, and exhibitor lists from past Nonprofit Days.