Nonprofit Day at the State House
Nonprofits matter! And advocacy is a critical piece of the effectiveness of mission-driven organizations. Our annual Nonprofit Day at the State House is a unique opportunity to showcase the work of our member organizations while building relationships with legislators.
2016 Nonprofit Day – January 14th, 2016
This will be our 13th Annual Nonprofit Day at the State House! Applications to exhibit with us in the Hall of Flags are now open. The member selection process is competitive and applications will only be accepted until November 13, 2015.
To be eligible for consideration, your organization must:
- Be a MANP member in good standing
- Have interest in participating
- Not have been a Nonprofit Day exhibitor in the past 7 years (Past Exhibitor List Through 2015)
If you are interested in being considered for this unique opportunity, fill out the application. You will be notified in early December whether or not you have been selected for a spot. For more information, contact Mary Erin Casale.
Each year approaching Nonprofit Day we host events and provide resources to:
- increase the awareness of nonprofits and their vital contributions to Maine’s economy and way of life;
- strengthen relationships between nonprofit leaders and public officials; and
- encourage nonprofit leaders to participate fully in the formation of public policy that impacts the communities they serve.
Every other year, we also feature the release of our nonprofit impact report. Adding Up Impact: Maine Nonprofits at Work (2015) is free for download!
Resources to Help You Celebrate + Promote Nonprofits
Raise Awareness – Nonprofits Matter
Join us in spreading the word via social media about the important impact of nonprofits by:
- Using the hashtag #NonprofitsGoodforME – we’ll share your posts and tweets
- Download and post the Facebook badges designed to help you show that you and your organization are part of this powerful sector.
|Download the full-sized “1 in 7 Maine Workers” Badge|
|Download the full-sized “I Support Maine’s Nonprofits” Badge|
|Download the full-sized “350,000 Volunteers” Badge|
Learn About the Impact of Nonprofits
- Download the Adding Up Impact: Maine Nonprofits at Work, MANP’s newest report on the economic and social impact of nonprofits in Maine.
- Visit our Why Nonprofits Matter webpage.
Thank you to our 2016 Nonprofit Day sponsor: