Nonprofit Day at the State House
Each year we host events and provide resources to:
- increase the awareness of nonprofits and their vital contributions to Maine’s economy and way of life;
- strengthen relationships between nonprofit leaders and public officials; and
- encourage nonprofit leaders to participate fully in the formation of public policy that impacts the communities they serve.
Every other year, we also feature the release of our nonprofit impact report. Adding Up Impact: Maine Nonprofits at Work (2015) is now available!
Nonprofit Day at the State House 2015
Our annual Hall of Flags event was held on Thursday January 29th, 2015 and was a huge success. With demand for our 12 exhibit slots always high, this year was no exception with over 40 excellent applications received. The following 12 organizations were chosen to exhibit for Nonprofit Day 2015:
- Art Van – Bath
- Association to Promote and Protect the Lubec Environment – Lubec
- Bicycle Coalition of Maine – Portland
- Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Services – East Boothbay
- Creative Work Systems – Portland
- Family Violence Project – Augusta
- Heart of Biddeford – Biddeford
- Maine Adaptive Sports and Recreation – Newry
- Maine Forest & Logging Museum – Bradley
- Oasis Free Clinics – Brunswick
- Stepping Stones – Bangor
- The Northern Lighthouse – Mars Hill
Organizations met with legislators and received accolades for their extraordinary contributions to the State, including a letter of recognition from Governor LePage.
Pictures coming soon.
Resources to Help You Celebrate + Promote Nonprofits
Raise Awareness – Nonprofits Matter
Join us in spreading the word via social media about the important impact of nonprofits by:
- Using the hashtag #NonprofitsGoodforME – we’ll share your posts and tweets
- Download and post the Facebook badges designed to help you show that you and your organization are part of this powerful sector.
|Download the full-sized “1 in 7 Maine Workers” Badge|
|Download the full-sized “I Support Maine’s Nonprofits” Badge|
|Download the full-sized “350,000 Volunteers” Badge|
Learn About the Impact of Nonprofits
- Download the Adding Up Impact: Maine Nonprofits at Work, MANP’s newest report on the economic and social impact of nonprofits in Maine.
- Visit our Why Nonprofits Matter webpage.
Thank you to our 2015 Nonprofit Week sponsors: