Nonprofit Day at the State House
2017 Nonprofit Day – February 7th, 2017
Each year, twelve MANP members exhibit with us in the Hall of Flags during the Nonprofit Days at the State House to highlight the diversity and richness of Maine’s nonprofit sector. Exhibiting is a unique opportunity to showcase the work of our member organizations while building relationships with legislators.
Congrats to our 2017 Nonprofit Day Exhibitors!
- Advocates for Children – Lewiston
- Adaptive Outdoor Education Center – Carrabassett
- American Red Cross – Statewide
- Androscoggin Homecare and Hospice – Lewiston
- Information Technology Exchange – Belfast
- KidsFirst Center – Portland
- Literacy Volunteers of Greater Augusta – Augusta
- Maine Indoor Air Quality Council – Augusta
- Maine Jewish Film Festival – Portland
- Multilingual & Multicultural Center – Portland
- Penquis CAP – Bangor
- Silent Sidekicks – Lincoln
We had a difficult task of selecting a slate of organizations that demonstrate the diversity of the sector through a broad range of sizes, missions and geographic service areas from the large number of great nonprofits who applied. Check out previous Nonprofit Days and see how we’ve built the confidence of hundreds of nonprofits to participate in the public policy process.
Remember, nonprofits matter! And advocacy is a critical piece of the effectiveness of mission-driven organizations. Check out some of the resources below that will help your organization engage in advocacy every day.
Resources to Help You Celebrate + Promote Nonprofits
Even if you can’t join us in Augusta, you can still be an important part of this event. We created the following resources to help you increase the awareness of nonprofits and their vital contributions to Maine’s economy and way of life and strengthen your relationships with policy makers.
Tips + Templates
- Nonprofit Resource: Nonprofits are Essential VIDEO
- Nonprofit Resource: Nonprofits are Essential Video – Sample Tweets and Posts
- Nonprofit Resource: Calling Your Legislators
- Nonprofit Resource: Writing Your Legislators
- Interested in engaging the media? Email Mary Erin Casale at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Recorded Webinar (FREE for members!): Legislative Testimony: How to Make it Compelling and Effective. Enhance your organization’s resources to achieve your mission, amplify your organization’s voice, and build public support for your cause.
- Recorded Webinar (FREE for members!): Advocacy Under the Dome. Join experienced legislative advocates, Robert Howe and Pam Cahill, for this live webinar to learn how to effectively advocate for issues that have an impact on nonprofits and those they serve, while also increasing the respect and support for the nonprofit community among elected officials, opinion leaders and the general public.
Remember, its never a bad time to spread the word via social media about the important impact of nonprofits by:
- Checking out our Nonprofit Resource: Social Media – Sample Tweets and Posts
- Using the hashtag #NonprofitsGoodforME – we’ll share your posts and tweets
- Downloading and posting the Facebook graphics below that are designed to help you show that you and your organization are part of this powerful sector. 2017 IMAGES COMING SOON!
Past Nonprofit Days
Our first Nonprofit Day at the State House was held in 2004 and we’ve been back every year since. Browse photos, event schedules, and exhibitor lists from past Nonprofit Days. Learn About Past Nonprofit Days
Learn About the Impact of Nonprofits
- Download the Adding Up Impact: Maine Nonprofits at Work, MANP’s latest report on the economic and social impact of nonprofits in Maine.
- Visit our Why Nonprofits Matter webpage.
Thank you to our 2017 Nonprofit Day sponsor: