Nonprofit Day at the State House
- increase the awareness of nonprofits and their vital contributions to Maine’s economy and way of life;
- strengthen relationships between nonprofit leaders and public officials; and
- encourage nonprofit leaders to participate fully in the formation of public policy that impacts the communities they serve.
Every other year, we also feature the release of our Partners in Prosperity: The Nonprofit Sector Impact report.
2014 Nonprofit Day: February 13, 2014
Hall of Flags, State House, Augusta
Each year the competition among our almost 800 members for the limited exhibit space is strong. We are pleased to announce this year’s slate, representing the passion and diversity of Maine’s charitable nonprofits:
- Family Hope, Scarborough
- Friends of Maine’s Seabird Islands, Rockland
- Girl Scouts of Maine, Bangor + South Portland
- Maine Association of Conservation Commissions, Woodstock
- Maine Quality Counts, Manchester
- Railway Village, Boothbay
- Spectrum Generations, Augusta
- Susan L. Curtis Charitable Foundation, dba Camp Susan Curtis, Portland
- Sweetser, Saco
- Time & Tide Resource Conservation & Development Area, Augusta
- Tri-County Mental Health Service, Lewiston
- Washington Hancock Community Agency, Machias/Ellsworth
While only selected organizations will have space to exhibit, all are welcome to join us at the State House to celebrate the important work of the sector.
Thank you to the following businesses for their support:
Raise Awareness – Nonprofits Matter Week
During the week of Nonprofit Day (February 10-14) join us in spreading the word via social media about the important impact of nonprofits.
- Use these sample tweets + posts.
- Download and post the Facebook badges designed to help you show that you and your organization are part of this powerful sector.
|Download the full-sized “1 in 7 Maine Workers” Badge|
|Download the full-sized ”I Support Maine’s Nonprofits” Badge|
|Download the full-sized ”350,000 Volunteers” Badge|
|Download the full-sized ”Big Part of Small Business” Badge|
Learn About the Impact of Nonprofits
- Download the 3rd edition of Partners in Prosperity, MANP’s report on the economic and social impact of nonprofits in Maine.
- Visit our Why Nonprofits Matter webpage.
Learn About An Important Piece of Legislation
During the 11th Annual Nonprofit Day at the State House, we will be encouraging legislators and nonprofits to support the passage of LD 1664: An Act to Encourage Charitable Giving to Nonprofits. Visit our webpage and get involved.
Connect with Your Legislators
Legislators want to hear from their constituents, and Nonprofit Day is a perfect opportunity to make sure your elected officials know about your organization and how you can be a resource on key issues.
- Use this sample email and letter to reach out to your legislators.
- Find tips and talking points that make it easy to call your legislators.
- Invite your legislators to visit when they are in district – read tips for hosting legislator visits.
Our first Nonprofit Day at the State House was held in 2004 and we’ve been back every year since. Browse photos, event schedules, and exhibitor lists from past Nonprofit Days.