Nonprofit Days at the State House
Each year we host events and provide resources to:
- increase the awareness of nonprofits and their vital contributions to Maine’s economy and way of life;
- strengthen relationships between nonprofit leaders and public officials; and
- encourage nonprofit leaders to participate fully in the formation of public policy that impacts the communities they serve.
Every other year, we also feature the release of our Nonprofit Impact report.
Thursday January 22, 2015, 1-2pm
Advocacy Under the Dome Webinar
As a lead-in to our Nonprofit Days at the Statehouse activities, MANP will be offering a live webinar in partnership with Howe, Cahill & Co. Learn and refine your skills to effectively advocate for issues that impact you and your nonprofit. Learn strategies to research proposed pieces of legislation and how to prepare to present testimony at a public hearing.
Tuesday, January 27th
Insights Into the State House 2015
Nonprofits have a responsibility to give a voice to their communities, and familiarity with the people and processes of the State House is at the heart of ensuring your voice is heard. Get the knowledge you need to be a good advocate with this interactive day at the State House.
Virtual Nonprofit Day
Wednesday January 28th
Virtual Nonprofit Day will invite nonprofit staff, board and supporters to use social media and tell their communities and their legislators why #NonprofitsMatter. MANP will provide plenty of sample posts and tweets to help raise awareness of the critical role nonprofits play in Maine. Stay tuned!
Thursday, January 29th
Nonprofit Exhibit Day in the Hall of Flags
With almost 800 member organizations, demand for our 12 exhibit slots is always high and this year we received 40 excellent applications from MANP members, and had the exciting challenge and opportunity to select exhibitors representing the broad range of nonprofits in Maine.
- Art Van – Bath
- Association to Promote and Protect the Lubec Environment – Lubec
- Bicycle Coalition of Maine – Portland
- Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Services – East Boothbay
- Creative Work Systems – Portland
- Family Violence Project – Augusta
- Heart of Biddeford – Biddeford
- Maine Adaptive Sports and Recreation – Newry
- Maine Forest & Logging Museum – Bradley
- Oasis Free Clinics – Brunswick
- Stepping Stones – Bangor
- The Northern Lighthouse – Mars Hill
Resources to Help You Celebrate + Promote Nonprofits
Raise Awareness – Nonprofits Matter
Join us in spreading the word via social media about the important impact of nonprofits.
- Download and post the Facebook badges designed to help you show that you and your organization are part of this powerful sector.
|Download the full-sized “1 in 7 Maine Workers” Badge|
|Download the full-sized “I Support Maine’s Nonprofits” Badge|
|Download the full-sized “350,000 Volunteers” Badge|
|Download the full-sized “Big Part of Small Business” Badge|