16th Annual Nonprofit Day: January 17, 2019
Every day, Mainers rely on nonprofits to nurture our minds, protect our environment, inform our government, educate our children and drive our economy–all while investing significant financial and human resources throughout the state. Nonprofit Day is a collective day of action to raise awareness for how #NonprofitsWorkforME.
Together we can:
- increase policymaker awareness of nonprofits and their vital contributions to Maine’s economy and way of life;
- strengthen relationships between nonprofit leaders and public officials;
- prepare to participate fully in the formation of public policy that impacts the communities they serve
Exhibit in the Hall of Flags
Each year as part of Nonprofit Day MANP hosts an event in the Hall of Flags to showcase the diversity and impact of the nonprofit sector. Exhibitors make connections with legislators and each other. One 2018 exhibitor shared, “I had great conversations and explored opportunities to collaborate on upcoming policy proposals.” Another participant said, “I appreciated the opportunity to network with other nonprofits and learn more about their good work. For me, that part was as important as connecting with legislators.”
- Apply to exhibit in the Hall of Flags during Nonprofit Day 2019
- Only twelve member organizations are selected to exhibit (space is very limited) but all nonprofits are invited to visit the State House and use the opportunity to connect with their legislators.
Thank you to our 2019 Nonprofit Day sponsor:
Past Nonprofit Days
Our first Nonprofit Day at the State House was held in 2004 and we’ve been back every year since. Check out previous Nonprofit Days and see how we’ve built the confidence of hundreds of nonprofits to participate in the public policy process. Browse photos, event schedules, and exhibitor lists from past Nonprofit Days.