Nonprofit Day at the State House
Each year we host events and provide resources to:
- increase the awareness of nonprofits and their vital contributions to Maine’s economy and way of life;
- strengthen relationships between nonprofit leaders and public officials; and
- encourage nonprofit leaders to participate fully in the formation of public policy that impacts the communities they serve.
Every other year, we also feature the release of our nonprofit impact report. Adding Up Impact: Maine Nonprofits at Work (2015) is now available!
Thursday January 22, 2015, 1-2pm
Advocacy Under the Dome Webinar
As a lead-in to our Nonprofit Days at the Statehouse activities, MANP will be offering a live webinar in partnership with Howe, Cahill & Co. Learn and refine your skills to effectively advocate for issues that impact you and your nonprofit. Learn strategies to research proposed pieces of legislation and how to prepare to present testimony at a public hearing.
Tuesday, January 27th – CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER – Registrants will be contacted directly.
Insights Into the State House 2015
Nonprofits have a responsibility to give a voice to their communities, and familiarity with the people and processes of the State House is at the heart of ensuring your voice is heard. Get the knowledge you need to be a good advocate with this interactive day at the State House.
Virtual Nonprofit Day
Wednesday January 28th
We invite you to use social media and tell your communities and legislators why nonprofits are Good for Maine using #NonprofitsGoodForME. See the Resources section below for sample tweets and images.
Thursday, January 29th
Nonprofit Exhibit Day in the Hall of Flags – Still on!
With almost 800 member organizations, demand for our 12 exhibit slots is always high and this year we received 40 excellent applications from MANP members, and had the exciting challenge and opportunity to select exhibitors representing the broad range of nonprofits in Maine.
- Art Van – Bath
- Association to Promote and Protect the Lubec Environment – Lubec
- Bicycle Coalition of Maine – Portland
- Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Services – East Boothbay
- Creative Work Systems – Portland
- Family Violence Project – Augusta
- Heart of Biddeford – Biddeford
- Maine Adaptive Sports and Recreation – Newry
- Maine Forest & Logging Museum – Bradley
- Oasis Free Clinics – Brunswick
- Stepping Stones – Bangor
- The Northern Lighthouse – Mars Hill
While we have limited space for exhibits, all nonprofits are welcome to join us in the Hall of Flags to network, celebrate and connect with legislators.
Resources to Help You Celebrate + Promote Nonprofits
Raise Awareness – Nonprofits Matter
Join us in spreading the word via social media about the important impact of nonprofits by:
- Tweeting and Posting on Facebook during the week of Nonprofit Day (January 26th – 30th) – use these samples or create your own messages!
- Celebrate Maine Nonprofits! Shine a light on nonprofit work! #NonprofitsGoodforME http://bit.ly/17vKmNm
- Did you know nonprofits employ 1 in 7 workers in Maine? Celebrate Nonprofit Day! Spread the word! #NonprofitsGoodforME http://bit.ly/17vKmNm
- Are you one of the over 350,000 Maine volunteers? In honor of Nonprofit Day, we thank you! #NonprofitsGoodforME http://bit.ly/17vKmNm
- Maine nonprofits: effective, essential, empowering! Nonprofit Day 2015 #NonprofitsGoodforME http://bit.ly/17vKmNm
- Call your legislator today – tell him/her why nonprofits matter to YOU! #NonprofitsGoodforME http://1.usa.gov/x8KEJG
- Say thank you- Hug a nonprofit on January 29. It’s nonprofit day! #NonprofitsGoodforME http://bit.ly/17vKmNm
- Using the hashtag #NonprofitsGoodforME – we’ll share your posts and tweets
- Download and post the Facebook badges designed to help you show that you and your organization are part of this powerful sector.
|Download the full-sized “1 in 7 Maine Workers” Badge|
|Download the full-sized “I Support Maine’s Nonprofits” Badge|
|Download the full-sized “350,000 Volunteers” Badge|
Learn About the Impact of Nonprofits
- Download the Adding Up Impact: Maine Nonprofits at Work, MANP’s newest report on the economic and social impact of nonprofits in Maine.
- Visit our Why Nonprofits Matter webpage.
Thank you to our 2015 Nonprofit Week sponsors: