About Our Work
Training + Resources
We provide a variety of training and resources to help nonprofit staff and volunteers to advocate and lobby effectively and legally. Get answers to questions such as:
- What are the legal limits on nonprofit lobbying?
- What kind of reporting is required?
- How can I effectively approach my legislator?
- How do we develop an advocacy strategy?
Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, our online library provides many free advocacy resources, including:
- Our “Raise Your Voice Toolkit” created as a handbook for nonprofit staff and volunteers engaged in advocacy and lobbying.
- Excellent resources from the Alliance for Justice, Charitable Lobbying in the Public Interest, the National Council of Nonprofits, Independent Sector, and the Maine Ethics Commission.
Webinars, SkillBuilders, and customized trainings are available throughout the year. View our training calendar or contact us to arrange for a specialized training for your organization or coalition.